Friday, January 5, 2007

So far, so good


I don't have a whole lot to go on about today, other than the fact that this week I LOST THREE POUNDS!  Very exciting for me as it has only been four days, but then again, I've worked myself to death this week with the right eating and the three Curves workouts. (I do not recommend going three days in a row as I did, however, because it tends to make one owie.). 

I spent some time tonight on FoodNetwork.com searching for recipes and found a few that intrigued me, after I actually watched Food Network this afternoon!  How shocking is that?  I generally hate cooking shows, but the Barefoot Contessa was making some yummy looking herbal tea and chicken chili that just looked incredible, while Sandra Lee was whipping up Teriyaki salmon strips, vegetables with broccoli lemon sauce, and an angel food cake with mixed berries.  I also caught the tail end of Gaida De Laurentiis and her mushroom parmesan...OMG...they looked so good.  What makes it even better is that all the recipes are pretty easy with simple ingredients.  Brit, fetch me a chef's knife, and remodel the kitchen, QUICK!

Strat and Juli were both right in that the little guy on yesterday's blog was Noah, the boy's little brother we fostered for three weeks as a newborn.  It was bittersweet to see him again and spend a little time with him, but all in all, I'm glad with how things worked out.  The boy's bio-mom is doing well with the two kids she has, and with both of mine now in school, it allows me more time to do some things I've wanted to do.  But, it was an absolute joy to see him.

Today, I leave you with a picture of the Christmas scarf I knitted for our interim pastor, just to prove that knitting really does happen here (and at times it even looks good, unlike Roadkill).  This was a bulky and divinely soft alpaca yarn that I bought at Stitches East.  I'll have to get more this year because the softness of it....there are no words.



No comments:

Post a Comment