Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yes, Hagrid Hair, it's now Thursday!


So, Juli decided to comment on Tuesday's blog that it was now Thursday.  The reference to "Hagrid Hair" comes from the following comment she left me once that had me rolling:


I ran 40 minutes after a dog. At work. In heels. Holding a greasy bag with food and a tin. With hair flying all over the place (it’s WINDY today). Unable, cause my hands were not just busy – they were greasy from holding the bag, to pull up my pants (that are a bit loose and keep threatening to expose my coin slot). And I still couldn’t get the darn dog –a little back dog that showed up at our parking lot two days ago- to eat. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I got it, it must have been mistreated and is now terrified of people, BUT it was me who got the funny looks when I was heading back to my building, like “who’s that crazy woman with the Hagrid hair showing off her butt”.



Juli was sharing her story with me because she knows what an animal lover I am and the visual I got from her comment had me chuckling the rest of the afternoon.  Juli and I have never met in person as she lives in Brazil.  We met over a message board several years ago and continue to chat online when we "bump" into each other.  She's a hoot and a hollar and I love her to death. 

The Brit comes home tonight, at least for two weeks, then it looks like he is back off for Atlanta for another week and then I'm hoping that is the end of it for awhile.  I can cope on my own, it just does ugly things to my patience at times.  The kids also tend to respect the Brit more and they try to get away with more with me, which sucks.  They'll pull a 'tude with me that they would never dream of pulling with him at times.  Anyway, I miss him and it will be nice to have him home again.

My eating is going pretty well.  I've been stuck on Cheerios for breakfast with a banana sliced up on top of it.  Lunch is generally turkey and a little cheese on crackers, though today I had sushi, which is a favorite of mine.  Paula and I went to lunch, which is always fun.  Dinner varies, especially this week when I have done minimal cooking as it has only been me and the kids.  Tonight, it is spaghetti and I have switched to whole grain pasta, which surprisingly, I love!  Either they have improved on it or it has grown on me.  Now I just need to kick start the exercise thing, but it has been pretty cold and tomorrow it is supposed to be way cold!  Yes, that is an excuse, but in my defense, I hate the cold.  Once I am inside, I have no desire to go back out, unless it is absolutely necessary.  I'll just have to work up to that one.

And for those of you who gave to Kelli's cause; THANK YOU!  Enough money was raised for EIGHTEEN MONTHS of Cobra payments!  Now, just keep her in your prayers that she soon gets a kidney! 

Aren't bloggers awesome?



No comments:

Post a Comment