Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Late Fiber Fanatics Pictures


Okay, so let's back up a little bit as I was sorely behind in downloading pictures from the camera!  A couple of weeks ago, our knitting group, Fiber Fanatics, got together for their monthly meeting.  Upon walking into the room, I was greeted with this sight:



Yes, the yarn fairy had definately hocked a big ole yarn ball right there in the center of the room!  Actually, the sisters, in all their marvelous generousity, brought to us one fifth of their donated yarn so us to take home!  I got yarn to make knitted angels with, as well as a few other goodies, including yarn for the prayer shawl ministry at church.



Lisa and Barb (Kelly's mom, who joined us...YAY!) going through the eye candy.  Seated on the couch are two newbies to our group: Carolyn and Pam (I think I have that right.  I suck at names after only one meeting!).  They were delightful new knitters!



Here are Barb and Sherie and of course, our mistress of ceremonies, Annie.



Liz used to be so quiet, but I think she is feeling more comfortable with those she didn't know before.  I go through that myself, just trying to take it all in until I know folks.  When Liz first joined us, she was re-teaching herself knitting and now she is flying through scarves!



Robyn is also coming right along with her knitting and her hair is growing back, post chemo!  The weekend following this one, she had it cut and styled and it looks fabulous!



And of course, no gathering would be complete without Micki, the most accomplished knitter I know.  She is truly amazing!

This week is going to be catch up week as I did download pictures from the last few weekends as well as...ahem...Christmas.  Yes, I am very behind! 

I am a single parent again next week, due to the Brit having to return to Atlanta...ugh.  I'll be preparing for it Sunday at Lisa's Super Bowl party as it will probably be the last bit of adult conversation I have for a few days!



No comments:

Post a Comment