Thursday, March 1, 2007

America, you have to VOTE


Okay, I cannot believe that I am giving American Idol another plug and truly exposing the depth of my geekiness, but it just has to happen.  I know that many of you watch this show, and if you are like me, you prefer to see the people go each week who have the least amount of talent.  Supposedly, that is what makes the show what it is and in a world that worked the way it was intended to work, the weaker singer(s) each week would be the ones to go home, leaving us with the best and the brightest as the number widdle down.

However, there is an evil force in the American Idol universe and it's name is "Vote for the Worst".  That is exactly what they do.  This is not new as it has been going on now for a couple of years, but I have really seen the impact it has made on the AI world over the last two weeks.  Let's be honest; Antonella should have gone home last week and she did not and after another weak performance this week, she should have been shown to the door.  But Vote for the Worst. com targeted her as the contestant to vote for, so she is still there.  Sanjaya is another one who should have gone home tonight but is still with us.

As someone who has always had a love of theater and music, I just find what this website does to be despicable.  I truly believe that the people with the most talent should be the ones to stick around longer and skewing with the numbers this way is not how AI intended it to be.

So here's the deal people.  You can no longer just sit and watch this show.  YOU HAVE TO VOTE to keep your favorites; the ones with the talent, on for another week.  Most seasons, I watched this program just for entertainment purposes and because of my love of music, but this season, I am SO voting!  So please, if you are a blogger who loves AI or a blog reader who loved AI....VOTE.  It only took me about 15 minutes each night this week to place votes for 7 people.  It is toll free.  Dial in the number and then hit redial until you get through.  But don't be complacent!  You have to VOTE.


VOTE!



No comments:

Post a Comment