Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Turning a Corner


Sorry about the lack of post yesterday, but in all honesty, I was way too emotional for most of the day to think of anything coherant to say.  For the record, Robyn's test results have not yet come back, or at least the doctor hasn't called her.  She's going to call the office tomorrow to try to find out what the score is.

But for now, onto other things. 

I have turned a huge corner this week with the exercise.  This marks week #4 and the first three weeks were incredibly miserable.  I have never enjoyed exercising and for three weeks, I forced myself to walk into Curves three times a week.  I hated it the whole time I was doing it, though I can admit to feeling pretty good about myself after finishing.  However, this week, today specifically, I realized how it was not as difficult anymore.  As I drove to Curves, I was not dreading it; it was simply something that I had to do.  I have also found myself working harder, such as managing a light jog on the recovery boards (Can't wait for those eNell bras to get here, lemme tell ya!) instead of a fast walk.  I am now able to hold up a conversation on the recovery boards (I don't really attempt to talk on the machines) without struggling for air. 

I'm not saying that the workout has gotten easy...Noooo....nothing further from the truth!  I guess it's more that the exercise is working.  It's working well enough that yesterday, a non-Curves day, I walked the mile around the park, just me and my Nano and I enjoyed it.  My knees were not terribly crazy about the uphill parts, but I just slowed them down a little and got the job done. 

I think that getting healthy is hard work.  I also am finding out that it is worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment