Friday, March 23, 2007

Slacking? Who? Me?


Okay, so maybe I have not been the most consistant blogger in world these past two weeks.  I've been really busy!  I have not forgotten about Sleeping with Bread or Women are Fantastic Fridays.  What I did decide is that if every Friday, I honor one of the wonderful chicks in my life, I would soon have no one to talk about.  I have a lot of good friends, but not an endless supply to blog about!  And with as busy as I've been, I honestly don't have time to go out and solicite for more girl friends so I can talk about how fantastic they are!  Way exhausting!

The weekend is shaping up nicely.  The kids are headed out with one of their grandmothers for the whole weekend and are leaving any minute now.  I'm going to see "Grease" which Paula's son, Kirk is in tonight, and with any luck Pastor Phil will be there tonight too, because I am a sap who misses him very much!  Tomorrow, yarn shopping with Lisa and some time with the Brit. 

The Brit has the responsibility tonight of euthanizing Tess, our seven year old Angelfish.  She started going downhill two weeks ago and despite all I have tried to do to make her better, she continues to decline.  However, she is stubborn, and is refusing to let go of life.  I fear she is suffering so after a tip from Kelly, and finally my own ability to believe she will get better finally turning into acceptance that she won't, I bought some Clove Oil today.  This puts the fish to sleep and once the fish is sleeping, you add clear alcohol, like vodka to the water (the fish is removed from the tank before this whole process begins).  It's all very sad, but she lived a long life with us, ate well (she is our only fish as she lunched on anyone else we tried to place in the tank with her), spent her days trying to attack the cats who got too close to the aquarium and generally was a holy terror.  So, she's now going to move to that big aquarium in the sky and after a good clean out, we'll get more fish (Wow!  More than one?  Really?) and make sure that none of them are cannibals.

Let's see, what else?  Weight loss?  Yes, still happening.  Working out at Curves?  Yes, still happening.  Knitting?  No, not really in the last two weeks, but I'll get back to it.  American Idol takes up a lot of knitting time and I borrowed a book from Sheri that I've been enjoying called "The Friday Night Knitting Club".  Good read so far.

Okay, off to finish up laundry!  If I'm not around this weekend, ya'll have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment