Thursday, September 20, 2007

De javu



Since coming back from the alternate universe, I have not given WLS much thought again until lately.  Now, I am there again, considering, reading blogs, lurking on message boards, trying to make a decision. 

The fact is, I can only go so long without starting to wonder what it would be like to be a "normal" size and I honestly do not believe that I will ever experience that without undergoing surgery.  I waffle a lot about it for so many different reasons, the greatest probably being from a Christianity standpoint.  But I also have to surrender to the thought of "If God gets me to it, He will get me through it."  If He doesn't want this to happen for me, He can intervene anyway He so desires.

So, the fact remains that I have to chose a structured diet program because that is an insurance requirement, despite the fact that I don't want to do it at all.  I've had weight issues since I was six for goodness sake.  I know, I know; then what is six more months?  Well, based upon my two week turn around in July from "I want this surgery" to "I'm scared to death, what was I thinking?" six months will give me time to go back and forth approximately twelve more times.  Woot.

I'm going to talk to the Brit to see where he stands with things and then discuss with him the diet program I/we want to do.  Life's a journey; I'd just like to be relatively normal for at least part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment