Friday, September 28, 2007

For the love of Friday




This and That

So as it turns out, we are not going to do six months of Weight Watchers.  After some investigating on Bayview's website (the hospital where our surgeon operates) they offer a program that meets that insurance company need.  The only problem is that they had no space until December, so we are going to start WW next week and do three months of that and then three months at Bayview.  (We have the option of one 6 month structured diet or two 3 month structured diets).  The pros to going to Bayview are that the meetings are once a month instead of weekly and it is only $35 a month as opposed to $12 a week.  It saves us only $26 a month, but we also have the convenience of only going one time a month instead of four.  I'm not a fan of WW, so that makes me happy.  I guess saying that I am not a fan is not quite right; it is just one more program I did a few years ago that in the long run, did not work for me.

We have a weekend of work lying ahead. We just ordered blinds for the downstairs from Budget Blinds, so we are faced with finally having to paint the window sills.  They were painted but when we got new windows recently a while ago two years ago, the paint job got pretty banged up.  I don't mind painting at all, but hate the sanding/chipping etc that goes with making it smooth from the former paint being chipped.  So, that is on the agenda for the weekend.  The blinds will be ready in two weeks and then they come and install them for us and even cart away our old blinds.

Our oldest son is on another lying rampage.  He runs hot or cold and right now, he is red hot.  The lie of the day yesterday was that I got a call from the nurse's office at his school. She said Aaron was in the office and that his toe was pretty gross looking.  Aaron had told her one of our cats bit him.  Luckily, his mother knows him well, so I explained that a cat did not bite him but that he liked to pick at his toenails until they were so low that the bled.  He does the same things to his fingers.  She believed me, which was good as if she hadn't, she would have had to report things to the SPCA.  Not that it would have mattered, as everyone is up to date on their rabies vax, but it was still irritating.  I told him that had I been behind on the shots, as the cats never go outside, the SPCA could have come to take Jonah away to quarentine him to make sure he did not have rabies, while they would start Aaron on a series of injections against the disease.   He was apparently unimpressed, as this morning he lied to me about brushing his teeth and wearing deoderant.  You can't brush your teeth and have a dry toothbrush and the attractive scent of rotten onions that emanated from him when he came home from school sealed the deoderant lie.  I pity the kids who have to sit next to him.  I told him I was following up on him because I am looking for reasons to trust him.  For some reason, this kid just doesn't get it and I'm not always sure if he ever will.

Well, that is all the big news from here.  Hope everyone has a painless Friday and a glorious weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment