Friday, September 14, 2007

TGIF



It's been a week.

Last weekend, the Brit was pretty sick or at least, pretty sick for a man.  Bad enough that he didn't go into work on Monday and left early on Tuesday before resuming his normal activities on Wednesday.  My week started with incredible foot pain stemming from a heel spur that flares up from time to time and Monday, I could hardly walk on it.  I made an appointment for my favorite podiatrist, but she was booked up until October, and though I am tough, I'm not sure I could have stomached trying to walk on nails for a month.  The receptionist kindly offered to set me up with a relatively new doctor to the practice and desperate means calls for desperate measures.

The new doc, did all the stuff the normal doc did, but not quite as well, at least in my opinion, but it could have just been me.  The injection in my heel hurt way more than I ever remember it hurting before and the low dye strapping was so loose it was relatively pointless and I left the office $40 poorer and in just as much pain as before, though Tylenol seems to keep it under control.  The flare up probably comes from my summer rebellion of never wearing anything but sandals and by fall, I am paying the price.

The rest of the week was a mad rush of meetings, arguing with my oldest child, dealing with tantrums of my youngest child over his refusal to want to do homework and by
Wednesday, I could feel it happening.  The rough cough and the constant tickle in my throat and I knew I'd be sick just in time for the weekend.  So this morning, sure enough, I felt like the living dead and in getting ready for work, happened to notice that Alex's right paw looked like a kitty catcher's mit, so I had to work a vet trip into the morning as well.  They think she got bitten by something and we are giving her kitty drugs and an anti-inflammatory to reduce the swelling.  If it doesn't improve she is back next week for radiographs.

So, it's Friday, I'm sick, ordering dinner tonight and don't plan on letting anything interfere with my lying around time.   Hope ya'll have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment