Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Surrender



My kids are kicking my butt today.

It was only under two weeks ago that Aaron came home upset about a bullying problemat school.  That one was addressed and the problem seems to be under control but apparently the bullies tag team each other.  When one is temporarily put out of commission, he calls another one so that the next kid can pick up where he left off.  

So today, he came in the door with a look on his face that said there was a problem and that I was supposed to ask what the problem was.  I resisted the temptation to not ask at all and I asked and apparently some kid tried to grab Aaron's good behavior bucks (which are the worst idea schools have ever come up with IMHO.  Little pieces of paper that wind up everywhere from on the floor to in the laundry) and when Aaron stopped him the kid wrapped his arm around Aaron's neck and started "choking" him.  I'm not sure if it was actual choking but apparently it was enough to scare him and he started bawling during  the retelling of the story.

So, I again have emailed the school and am waiting for a response.

Once that crisis was averted for the moment, then JJ came home all tearful because he is apparently sucking in math.  Two test grades: a 50% and a 60%.  He has been doing just fine on the homework, so I don't know if the tests are freezing him up or what.  Then he tried to convince me that he put down the right answers and his teacher must have changed them (He is nothing if not creative).  When I made the attempt to help him by finding out how he does his counting (as he only has five real fingers) he elected just to cry and pout and stick to his story about the teacher sting operation that was going on in his classroom.  I've decided to leave that one for the Brit to deal with.

Since then, they have been outside and Aaron has been inside nothing short of five times with some complaint about a bicycle..."I can't get the nut on", "I lost a nut", "I don't know what to do about this front tire", "Maybe I should just sell the bike as what is the point of having two bikes when I can't ride either of them?" Then there has been the constant barrage of yelling and screaming at each other that has been taking place outside.  Add to all of this that Aunt Flo is visiting and stick a fork in me, I'm about done.  I still need to cook dinner for these little ungrateful urchins.  I love them, I do, but 9:00 get here already!  Mom needs it to be bedtime!

If I trade in two kids, how many cats do you think I can get for them?


No comments:

Post a Comment