Friday, April 27, 2007

Lists


I'm rather amused by a few things going on around here, but I'm going to keep it to myself.  There have been some interesting hits on this blog since Monday and I have to wonder if they are in any way related to a phone call I received today.  But for now, nevermind.

Somehow, I have become extremely busy lately...well, not exactly lately but my future schedule is filling up quickly!  Let's have a gander, shall we?

1. Next weekend is Maryland Sheep and Wool.  There are six of us going on Saturday and we are meeting up at the park and ride at 8:00 am.  Yarn, sheep, alpacas and girlfriends...all good.
2. Following Saturday is the monthly meeting of Fiber Fanatics.

The schedule then clears a tad until the second half of June....

3. The third week of June is Vacation Bible School which I am co-running with Paula again this year.  We had a great VBS last year and are hoping for another success this year.

4. Due to the pastor's departure, there became a spot that needed to be filled on our youth mission trip and I have agreed to take it.  So, VBS will finish on that Friday, and early Sunday morning, we are packed up and ready to depart on a 6 hour drive to spend a week in Virginia.  We won't be returning until the following Saturday.

5. July 12th, Robyn and I depart for Washington DC for the annual Women of Faith conference.  We'll leave Thursday night and return on Saturday evening.

So!  Way busy! 

Now, with busy being said, I have also been full speed ahead on getting a few goals under my belt.  I'm still working out and eating well, so while I'm working towards that it is time to work towards a few more things. 

About four years ago, I bought a guitar.  I have always wanted to learn to play, so I purchased one and found an instructor.  A few weeks into it, the Brit and I decided we wanted to pursue adopting children, so we took foster care classes, which just happened to interfere with the guitar lessons.  So, dropped out of the lessons, took the foster class and upon graduating, almost immediately got the two boys placed with us.  The rest is pretty much history, but let's just say, the few years that have followed that have been a little intense and a lot insane.  When the split in the church happened, we lost our guitar players, but Paula's youngest son stepped up and has been doing a fabulous job!  He still has two more years of high school, so I came to the conclusion that by the time he graduates and heads off to college, I would like to be able to play profficiently and I think he has agreed to teach me.  Upon taking my guitar into the church last night, I realized just how wide the neck of it was compared to the other two guitars belonging to other people.  I have way small hands and had a heck of time in lessons being able to play certain chords.  So, today, I tool the instrument back to where I purchased it and traded it in on a nice little guitar with a much more narrow neck.  I'm going to learn to play.

So, learning to play guitar and then once I lose my weight, learning to horseback ride, will mark two things off my list.  Another is taking a cruise, which the Brit and I are planning for next year for our 10th wedding anniversary, so that marks off another one.  Then there is that other thing...

Crazy Aunt Purl has written a book.  Crazy Aunt Purl has written a book.  I keep saying this over and over to myself because I find it quite inspiring and it has given me much food for thought.  This, to me, is the most difficult of my goals; even harder than weight loss.  It is a special kind of intimidating that I am once again revisiting.  I have to make the effort.  I have to give it a try.  I don't want to get rich off it;  I just want to be able to say I did it.

More on that later.



No comments:

Post a Comment