Thursday, April 5, 2007

Our weather is on crack


So on Monday, it was somewhere around 75 degrees outside.  I did some yard work in the afternoon, took down the Christmas lights from around the two trees out front (Hey, better late than never) swept the porch etc.  Tuesday, I wore shorts because it was so warm; about 81 degrees.  I love the warm weather as I hate winter so much, so this was right up my alley.  Yesterday, it was cooler and rainy and today we had snow flurries off and on all day.  Swell.  Paula was not happy tonight because she got her first spring pedicure and wanted to go get some toeless Easter shoes for Sunday, but Easter morning is supposed to begin with a hazy 25 degrees.  If I were her, I'd keep my tootsies in some socks and a pair of clogs.

I've been rather hard on the pastor lately, but I have to give him some props by saying (I'm letting loose my inner Randy Jackson) the dawg can preach a hot sermon.  Tonight was Maundy Thursday and the preacher was in the house! (Now restraining my inner Randy Jackson).  He really does have a gift with sermon writing and even other folks who are struggling with him on a more personal level have said as much to me; that they like the way he preaches.  So, he has something going for him and if we could just get the one on one personal stuff under control, I think we'd be all right.  And I don't think I'm just saying this because we had for real wine at communion tonight instead of our usual token grape juice (which repeats on me the whole time the praise band is trying to sing communion songs.  I had no such trouble tonight with the wine.).

I now have stretched out before me a lovely four day weekend in which I plan to knit, read and generally vegg out...other than my Curves workouts.



No comments:

Post a Comment