Friday, April 20, 2007

Not much to say


Today has been a bit of a shocker, but I can't really share it yet for a couple of reasons.  First off, I am still digesting it.  Secondly, I need to mull it around a bit longer and work on the right way to document it here without it sounding judgemental or angry.  Some of you that I know in "real life" I have already emailed to let you know the situation, but to put it out there for the cyber world, I still need a bit more time.  Plus it will make a good Sleeping with Bread post.  Don't worry; I'm fine, my family is fine, my friends are fine.  No one is dying, except maybe someone emotionally who has had to face up to something and stands to lose nearly everything.  As I said, let me think about the post and then I will share it with all of you.

Sheri has asked what a meme is and I did a google search to come up with an answer better than I could give and didn't have much luck, so I'm going to give it a shot.  Basically, I think memes have started off as blog lists, such as "Five things you don't know about me" or "Ten places I would like to visit".  Generally, I believe the bloggers would make their own lists and then "tag" some of their bloggers buddies to participate on their own blogs. 

In my opinion, memes have a evolved a little bit, where they can cover things more than just little tidbits of information, Sleeping with Bread and Women are Fantasic being prime examples.  The goal is still to get more bloggers involved and often times these memes are slated for a specific day of the week.  Hope that clears it up a bit.

Last piece of news: my friend Andrea gets married tomorrow, so please think happy thoughts for her!



No comments:

Post a Comment