Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Where do the days go?


Can't believe it is already Wednesday and I haven't posted since Sunday!  Yikes!  Where does it go??

I had my monthly weigh and measure from Curves today and good news!  In the last four weeks I have dropped 8 pounds and 11 inches!  Though I have known I was losing, it is always really good to see the numbers, especially the inches as I don't do that at home.  The pounds, I had an idea of, but not the inches, other than the comfort of my clothing.

It still blows my mind a little because it has really not been that difficult to stay on plan this time.  I don't know if it is just my mind set, my maturity, or just plain finally being sick of being overweight.  I still hate the exersize and I'm not sure that will ever change until I get to the point where I would be comfortable bike riding again as I always loved that.  Though I currently work out 3-4 times a week, every day I do it, I hate it.  I grumble the whole way there and after my first time around the circuit, I briefly think about not bothering with a second time, but it is always a brief thought.   Exercise is just something I HAVE to do, much like work or parenting; I'm not always (or ever in this case) in the mood to do it, but it has to be done.  Give a choice and I'm gonna vote no, so I don't give myself the choice.

But the food part has been easy, though I know there are still changes I need to make.  Currently, a food day for me looks like this:

Breakfast: 2 packs instant oatmeal (Right now, I don't even use the low sugar oatmeal and I'm losing.  I'm thinking this is one of the things I can change when those plateau days happen in the future)
Sugar Free Chai Tea with 1% milk

Mid morning snack (s): Sometimes I have more than one snack because if I am going to Curves right after work, I won't eat lunch until I get home.  So today, my snacks were I cup of non-fat cottage cheese and a little later, 1 single serving size yoplait light thick and creamy yogurt mixed with a handful of Kashi Go Crunch cereal.  Yummy and very satisfying.

Lunch usually varies a little.  Some days it is two Wasa crackers with 2% cheese on them and a little bit of strawberrry jam.  There are days it might be some leftovers from dinner.

Dinner really varies.  I don't do a lot of beef; more chicken, lean pork, fish or turkey.  Always a veggie, sometimes a salad, and another side, such as sweet potato, mac and cheese made with Barilla plus omega 3 pasta, 1% milk and 2% cheese, baked potato on occasion or brown rice.

When i want a snack at night, I  keep either Turkey Hill fat free frozen yogurt in the freezer or the 1/2 fat ice cream.  I never use a bowl; always a coffee cup and I always have this at least two hours before bedtime.

I don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything as I like everything I'm eating.  I just checked out of the library a book recommended by RockinRobin on 3fc called "Super Foods RX".  I'm not very far into it, but again, the foods that are so highly recommended-I like most of them.  So once I finish this book, I will probably tweak a few more things.

All in all, I feel like I am in this for the long haul...thank GOD!  After forty years, it's about time.



No comments:

Post a Comment