Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Detour


I will probably complete the California adventure on Friday as there is just one more installment and I need to be on my desktop home computer to do it for photo purposes.� Today, I just want to generally update on life and tomorrow I would like to get back to Thursday 13.�



Despite all the bad news on vacation, life is rolling along fairly well.� I gained between 8-10 pounds on vacation and have taken it back off with regular exercise, so I am back at my plateau number again, which I am planning to pass soon.� I am getting my ducks in a row... and not this duck, though he has been my chuckle for the day:











Anyway, my ducks are lining up to start Phase One of South Beach very soon.� I am picking up the cookbook from the library today in order to do this in such a way it does not impact the rest of the family negatively and result in�complaints.�





I am currently running and working out to support my carb addiction and I need to break that cycle and SB seems to be the way to go.� Tod believes it will get me through my plateau and truth be told, I am sure my plateau stems from two major things:





1. I can now eat more



2. I have a carb addiction



Learning to eat for life and for health is really hard work.� It is so easy to slip back into old habits, even on a smaller scale.� But I am dedicated.� I am hellbent I will work this out and get back on the losing track again.



My boys went back to school today and though in a way I feel bad for them that summer seemed rather short, their going back to school means I can get back to the gym and I can get some neglected things accomplished at home in peace and quiet and without all work being undone moments later by boisterous boys charging around through the house.� They both seemed excited though they would protest that it was excitement but they were both ready to go out the door early.��The Lawyer�got the one teacher he didn't want to get, who he says is mean, but I'm hoping it is all rumor.� I am hoping if she is mean, that she is mean enough to get the kid to read as that has been hopeless.� He CAN read but he hates it and avoids it at all cost, which means, though he can, he is not great at it and ergo, his spelling also suffers.



The Genius started soccer practice earlier this week and I think he made the team.� I say "I think" because his explanation last night at dinner was a bit confusing, but if he still needs to go out and get new soccer shoes tonight, I will assume it is a done deal.� Getting him to talk is a huge undertaking at 15 years old; getting him to talk and to actually be able to understand what he is talking about is a different story altogether.



In other news, I have decided that this year is the year I will learn the game of football.� Not to play it.� To watch it.� Everyone gets all excited and gets to wear their cool jerseys and I am tired of sitting on the bench in a constant state of confusion.� So, with The Brit's help, I am beginning to learn.� I have picked my teams; The Baltimore Ravens and the San Diego Chargers and in�my first pre-game last night the Chargers won, which was cool...and I think I actually had a semi-understanding of how that happened.� It was actually at times kind of exciting to watch, once I worked out where the Quarterback was and knew which way my team had to run.� It will take time and much patience on The Brit's part, but I think I will eventually get it.



What about you?� Football fans?� What team?� How long did it take you to "get it"?




2 comments:

  1. Great! Can you teach me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimmie...I am pulling for you on your South Beach bid...

    Yes...I am a football fan...I grew up in Texas but I am an avid Dallas Cowboys hater...I am a Texans fan (being that I am from Houston and all) but my first love was the Buffalo Bills...my dad and brothers were all football fans while I was growing up and I absolutely hated Sundays for it...I never got a shot at TV because of the games. Part of this stemmed from the fact that I, like you, didn't understand the game and it is really hard to get it without someone coaching you so to speak. My dad and brothers simply didn't have the time or the patience so I was a football hater by default. When I was 16 I went to Buffalo, NY to spend Christmas with some friends. As a surprise they got tickets to a Bills game...I was um...less than thrilled...when I explained it to my friends older bother he took me under his wing (thank You Matt) and explained the game as much as he could in all of it's intricacies...and much to the chagrin of my older brother a die hard Houston Oilers fan, A Buffalo Bills fan was born...and oh how over the next few years I got my revenge...All Oiler's fans hated the Bills because they got their asses handed to them in some very public and embarrassing events on the field. I am still a Bills fan but alas these days, because I am married and enjoy a happy married life I must support the Texans first :) Anywhoo...yay football! I can't wait 'til it's officially football season...

    ReplyDelete