Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hurts to Type


So I met with Sonia today, my new BFF and personal trainer.� I think I got a slight idea of what contestants on The Biggest Loser go through in the gym.� OMG.� It was brutal in the way that weight lifting and we are talking hand weights are kind of new to me and she combines with them other things...like squats...at the same time.� We did interval training...five minutes weight work, five minutes cardio....it took about 45 minutes the first time around...and then we did it ALL.� OVER.� AGAIN.� When I left, driving was painful.



I took a hot bath when I got home which helped a little bit and then managed to resist a nap despite feeling like I could use one.� Sonia is meeting with me again next week to go through it again to make sure I have it all down so that leaves me doing it alone twice to see if I have it down.� Now, just keep me away from bad foods.



This Saturday is fall clean up day at the church and it makes me want to puke.� It puts me there 7 days this week and I hate that.� I don't think we'll be staying too long as The Genius has a run at Smithsburg, so depending what time his run is, we are leaving to see him.� Sure, I could not go to the clean up on Saturday, but with The Brit being the president of the council we really need to go.� I've just been having enough trouble simply being there Monday through Friday in my current frame of mind right now where that place is concerned.� If I were being filled spiritually, it would improve my desire to be there, but instead I find myself getting burned out trying to do too much and getting nothing in return.� I know that if something doesn't turn around soon, I may come to a crossroads where I will need to make a decision...actually more than one as it is also my job.



Once that annoyance is out of the way, the rest of the weekend is looking up.� After The Genius' run, the kids, myself, and two of my youth kids are going to see "Legend of the Guardians" (I love owls) and on Sunday, my brother and sister will be here from California and Vegas-now-Texas and we are all gathering at my mother's place for crabs.� The Chosen Ones will be there but I can deal with them for as little as I see them.



So just get me through Saturday morning and all will be well for a bit...till Monday anyway.




1 comment:

  1. Maybe you're just church burned out. It one of the reason why a lot of churches don't hire their members as employees. You aren't going to get the church "experience" because it's your place of work - and probably 99% of the people there probably forget that your a "member" and not just the "secretary". You need to set the boundries - this is when I work...any other time I'm here, it's for "me" not "you". May not sound too Christian; but you must keep your sanity!!

    ReplyDelete