Monday, October 11, 2010

Still Have Issues being Inspiring


My older brother and sister are here from California and Texas.� We all gathered at my mother's yesterday for crabs and family time and my brother, who has lost 30 pounds since June, told me I was the one who had inspired him.� Yet I struggle with this.� Maybe it is because of the opinions of people like Cathy at the Y and the feeling that somehow I cheated.� Do I work really hard now and have I worked really hard in the past?� Yes.� Yet I do not see myself as inspiring, which is odd because isn't part of the purpose of my blog to inspire people to get out there and get moving?� Why does it have to be so complicated for me?



After a weekend away from the gym, I was finally not sore at all yesterday, but then today happened and now my legs are killing me again.� Will a kabillion squats ever not make me sore?



Today was insane.� I got up early to clean the house as this was the one night everyone was free to come over for dinner.� So I finished that, got the kids out the door for school, and went to work.� Worked my four hours, and went to do my almost one hour and 45 minute workout.� Raced out of there to the grocery store and got home about 3:30.� Unpacked groceries and flew into the shower.� After dressing, it was de-skin chicken, cut up potatoes and make veggie skewers.� Got potatoes and chicken in the oven and by this time, I was running out of energy, especially given the fact that my freakin' period started this morning.� But about that time, my knight in shining armour of a husband showed up to do the grilling.� I was very happy to see him having been on my feet for a few hours.� So dinner was a sucess.� We cleaned up and then all congregated to the living room for chatter and television.



I'll get to see them again tomorrow for some running around.� Love it when they are here!




No comments:

Post a Comment