Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday 13: My Personal Trainer Routine


Due to recent confusion, I have completely taken the time feature from my posts.� I can still set them up to post whenever I want, but the time is not going to show up at all.� I am not sure people really understand how it works and it has caused problems it never needed to cause.� So going forward, it will no longer show up.� I wish I had realized I could have changed it as I never had it there for any reason; it was the default and I never gave it a second thought.� So it is Wednesday night and I am doing my TT for Thursday because tomorrow is going to be busy and I won't have time to blog.



So, I am going to attempt to outline the stuff Sonia has me doing and there may be more than 13.� Just not sure so we will see how it goes.



1. Arrive and warm up on either the elliptical or the treadmill.� I do intervals, so if I am on the elliptical, I do two minutes at an 8 resistance keeping my strides between 165-175 for the two minutes.� Then for one minute, I recover and go slower, before doing another fast two minutes.� It really gets my heart rate up!



2. From there it is grab a 6 pound medicine ball and holding it in front of me, I thrust it forward each time I do 12 squats on the right.� Then 12 more on the left.� Then 12 more alternating right and left.� Not sure what hurts more; my thighs or my shoulders when I am finished.







3. Elliptical again.� Same as #1



4. Using stretchy bands, which are attached to the wall, I take one into my right hand and back away with it until the band is taut.� The hand holding the band is extended and then as I pull the band to me, another squat...12 of them with the band in my right hand, 12 with it in my left, and then 12 holding two bands, one in each hand.







5. Treadmill intervals for 5 minutes.� Run on a 1% incline at a 4.0 for two minutes.� Recover for one minute at a 3.0, repeat the 4.0.



6. Chest press with 12.5 pound weights.� Lying on a weight bench, palms holding the weight pointed to the ceiling...lift weights up to touch in the middle...repeat 12 times.







7. Scissors.� Sitting on the end of the weight bench, arms holding the bench behind me, do scissor kicks for a count of 12...4 kicks per set.



8. Repeat both 6 and 7.



9. Pushups on a medicine ball 12 times.� I suck at these but they are starting to get a tiny bit easier.







10. I actually forgot one and don't want to renumber.� Number one should be using the leg extender in the circuit training set for 50 pounds.� Lift 12 times.� I also have realized there will be more than 13�things.



11. Again with the 12.5 weights, arm curls.� Sitting on a weight bench, drop left arm so elbow is resting against the inside of left thigh.� Weight starts with arm fully extended down and then for 12 curl weight up.� Repeat on right side and then repeat both sides again.







12. Rowing machine for 5 minutes...again, two minutes fast, one minute recover, repeat.



13. With ten pound weights, stand with weights at shoulder length, palms forward.� As I do a right step squat, extend right hand holding weight up towards ceiling.� Do this for 12 and repeat on left side.







14.� Again with ten pound weights, hands at sides, right and left squats with arm curls for 12 each side, total of 24.







15. Stability ball thing...using a large stability ball, lie on back on the floor.� Holding the ball in hands, extend hands back behind head and then lift it to pass it through to my legs.� Lower legs to floor, holding ball, and then bring legs and ball back up to pass ball back to hands.�Again, 12 times.� This does not look difficult.� Try it.� It kicks my butt.







16. Repeat steps 2-16 again.� Seriously.



 




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

 


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others� comments. It�s easy, and fun!


Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



View More Thursday Thirteen Participants




6 comments:

  1. Wow, that wore me out just reading it! Wonder if I read your workout everyday if I can get some residual effect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Exercise is a good thing. Press on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap, i need a nap just reading your list. Good luck!
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this. I can't afford a trainer and this gives me wonderful ideas for my home routine.

    Happy TT,

    ~Xakara
    13 Lessons If You Ever Find Yourself In A Horror Movie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be a warrior! All this in one session...

    ...that's a Jackie Warner consequence



    I'm going to try it {once}...it should be fun



    thanx for the post!

    ReplyDelete