Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: The "I Heart" Edition


I haven't done TT for the last few weeks so I decided it was time to get back to it.� Oh and I am sore as hell today.� Yes, it is in a good, but I am sore in places I didn't know could get sore!



Anyway, for today's TT, I am going to attempt to come up with things I love that make me, me.� You will find nothing here that will change the world or even shatter it a little bit; just a handful of things that for some odd reason, make me happy.



1. Socks.� I love them.� Athletic socks, the no show version in white or multi-colored.� Regular socks to wear with jeans and clogs in brown or black or that have cute designs on them.� I love them all.



2. Office stores and supplies.� The Brit tries to steer me clear of these places, because surround me with organizational stuff and pens, calendars, etc and I am in heaven.



3. Inspirational jewelry.� You know, the necklaces and bracelets that say things like "Live, dream, believe" or whatever.� I love wearing my mantras on my sleeve or neck.



4. While we are on jewelry, I cannot leave out dangly earrings.� Now that my hair is short, if I leave the house and forget earrings I feel as if I have forgotten to wear pants.� While I wear studs in my top two holes, none of that for the bottom ones.� Dangly is where it's at for me.



5. Water bottles.� I love them and am always looking at them in the stores.� Don't ask me why.� I don't get it either.



6. Shoes.� Yeah, this is a girl thing.� I love sandals, boots (I need to find a black pair), clogs, athletic shoes.� And they don't have to be new.� You know this girl loves Goodwill.



7. And speaking of Goodwill, I love thrift stores.� I can now find clothing in my size a bit more easily and have discovered a newfound clothing addiction.� Thrift stores keep my addiction affordable and are full of name brands.



8. Hoodies.� If I could I would have one from every single place I visit or anyone in my family visited.� Zip up or pullover; doesn't matter.



9. Farmer's markets.� I adore these places.� Love browsing, love buying my produce locally.� I wish we lived in a climate where I could do this all year round but I don't.



10. Airports.� There is something about being in an airport that is great fun for me.� I love the stores and watching all the people and wondering where they are going and being excited about where I am going.� Two months till Calfornia, baby!



11. A fire in the fireplace.� Something about that signifies home and being able to put my feet up and relax...despite all that jumping up and down to add wood.



12. Books.� Despite having limited time to read due to all the other things I either have to do or want to do, I love curling up with a good story or if time is especially short, a magazine.�It symbolizes down time for me and often inspires me...though not enough yet.



13. Alto singers.� You can have the screetchy sopranos as I can't hit those notes anyway and to me, nothing sounds better on a girl than a rich, alto voice.



There ya go!� What did you write about today?





 




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

 


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others� comments. It�s easy, and fun!


Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



View More Thursday Thirteen Participants




5 comments:

  1. I could have written everything on this list!

    I don't have the typical girl/shoe love, because I don't need to own more than a few pair, but I do love shopping for them.

    Hoodies on the other hand, I could have one in every color, style, length, fabric, separate pockets, single pockets, zipfront, pullover, athletic, winter-wear, it's all good and makes me happy! *grin*

    Happy TT,

    ~Xakara
    13 Foods For Breast Health
    http://xakara.livejournal.com/89986.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a cool idea. I think I do know you a bit better with your post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books too and I love the fact that my son loves to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok..nice to see Thursday Thirteen back again but I have seen nothing this week about whether you have started writing for the Contest...Consider this a BRICK!

    ReplyDelete