Thursday, May 3, 2007

And now back to your regular programming


So now that I think all the drama is over for the moment, let's get back to business. 

Well, wait a moment on that as I have one more thought to stick out there that doesn't really pertain to the churches, but it was brought on by the craziness that occured here a couple of days ago.

Why is it that so often people care what other people think? 

I read a lot of blogs and have made friends out in the blogosphere, and unless the blogger is talking about something really nasty, like promoting animal or child abuse or some other horrible criminal act, I don't care what they think.  I actually enjoy reading other people's opinions on life.  While it is nice to find things in common with other people, if we didn't have any differences at all, not only would that be dull as rocks, but we wouldn't learn anything new either. 

I've reached a point in my life, where other than my closest friends, I don't care what other people think.  I am who I am.  I don't put on pretend aires for anyone and I have way more important things to do other than to obsess over the fact that someone I don't know all that well maybe doesn't like me.  I'm too busy nurturing my relationships with God, my family and my friends to bend over backwards for someone who is unhappy with me for some reason.  Now if I have truly done something wrong to someone, I'll be the first to apologize, but my opinions are not wrong.  That's why they're called "opinions".  Obviously, someone else may not see things the same way I do and I have no issue with that.  We can agree to disagree and be done with it.  No one can change my experiences, nor would I want them to try.

Anyway, yesterday, I had the pleasure of taking part in a bus trip to "Sight and Sound" to see "In the Beginning".  This was the third production I have seen there and by far my favorite.    It was beautifully done and very touching and God was present in that theater.  Aside from the story itself, Sight and Sound uses many live animals in their shows.  We even had a skunk this time as well as horses, camels. alpacas, llamas, goats, sheep, dogs, birds, ducks, etc.  Much fun and very blessed day!

I really would like to head up there on day with no show on my agenda.  Amish country is beautiful and there are so many little shops I'd love to visit.  The sight of horse drawn carriages never gets old to me and I often think about all the stuff and gadgets we have and wonder what it would be like to get rid of many of them to lead a more simple life.  Hopefully, sometime soon, the Brit and I will make this journey to do some exploring.

Sheep and Wool the day after tomorrow!  Whoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment