Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Random Wednesday


So how about we hit a few updates, shall we?

The Knitting

The knitting is still happening but the current project is top secret.  With MDSW last weekend, and sitting down for an hour or so in the evening to knit, I have been reminded once again how much I love this hobby.  I am a mediocre knitter at best, but I can knit a mistake free scarf, hat or prayer shawl and even occasionally churn out a felted purse.  But I just love the yarn, the smell of it, the feeling of it in my hands as they work the needles with the stitches.  It's a pleasure that I never could have imagined having.  The feeling of creating something with my hands...it's nearly an unrivaled feeling.

The weight loss

This is still going well, though I have given up the scale for the time being as I was a becoming obssessed with getting on it not only every day, but several times every day.  But I am at Curves three days a week and the  two off days, I have been walking.  I feel incredible and clothing is getting looser by the week.  The eating healthy foods and only eating bad foods occasionally has become a habit now and I rarely have to think about what I'm doing.  It's nice to have that control.

The Cats

The cat pictures and stories are coming, I promise.  I have not forgotten.  I'm just having issues getting decent pictures of my two black baby boys.  I gotta tell ya, I love all six of my fur kids, and though the two boys are a little nuts and a wee bit goofy, they hold a special place in my heart.  Their little personalities are so simple.  They just make me happy.

Visited by an old friend

I had a visitor at the church today that I can not begin to tell you how nice it was to see this person.  Sometimes when I feel like I'm seeing so much negativity, so much of it turns around just by having a warm and simple conversation with someone I have always liked.  We discussed agreeing to disagree on certain things, but that doing so should not make us enemies.  It was nice to be on the same page.



No comments:

Post a Comment