Monday, May 21, 2007

There is something to be said for being able to plan


I got weighed and measured at Curves today and got my nose out of joint because I didn't do as well as I thought I should have.  I sulked my way around the circuit the first time, grumbling to myself about all the sacrifices I've been making and the walks around the park I've been taking and how dare my body not cooperate with all my hard efforts! 

It's amazing how we can work ourselves up to feeling righteous indignation, isn't it?  Very easy to do it when we don't examine ourselves too closely, and our sense of being "right" is enough to keep us from that self examination.  What was I talking about again??  Oh! Right, Curves.  For a minute there I thought I was someplace else.

Anyway, once the workout had taken the edge off my anger, I got down to the nitty gritty of the last couple of days.  I mentioned singing at two dinner banquets for an organization last Thursday and Friday night.  Well, unfortunately, one tends to eat at banquets as well.  Now, I tried to prepare for this by really watching my intake during the day both days, but let's be realistic, I have no idea how the food was prepared, or what ingredients were used.  At home, I am in perfect control of this.

Thursday night was not too bad, relatively speaking....or maybe it was.  The dinner theme was a BBQ and it was very good.  BBQ chicken and ribs; I had two small thighs and two ribs, a little potato salad, some fruit and literally one tiny dab of the peach cobbler, because I love me some peach cobbler and I had to have a taste.  But then there were also rolls and bread which are my hell and damnation to eating better.  I stay away from it at home, but if we go out and they bring warm rolls or bread to the table, I am a goner.  So, I think I had three dinner rolls.  Hell and damnation.

Then, after the part where I had to sing, we were all invited downstairs for an ice cream social.  Great.  Fabulous.  Just getting over the stress of singing with a sound system that did not play the backup tape loud enough while singing in front of a group of complete strangers had me feeling stressed and ice cream sounded like a plan.  Ugh.  I did refuse the second scoop when it was brought around, but the damage was already done.

Friday night, the dinner was not as good, but again, no clue how it was prepared.  Seafood Newburg over rice, potatoes(didn't finish what I took as I didn't like them), salad, damnable rolls again, some kind of chicken (didn't finish it; didn't like it) and prime rib, which I did not take as I've been really good about staying away from beef and I barely miss it at all.  Dessert: chocolate cake with chocolate icing.  Stupid banquets.  After singing, guess what?  Left over ice cream!

Saturday was clean up day at the church and lunch was provided: hot dogs, pretzels and dessert.  Went out to dinner Saturday night and Sunday night....and let's just say there is really no big surprise why my loss was not what it should have been.  Without the fatal four days proceeding it, it probably would have been a lot better.  Any one of those four days meals would have been fine, but not all of them.  So it is back to being strict and doing what I know works. 

It's definately a day to day struggle, but I have no doubt that the end result will be totally worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment