Friday, May 25, 2007

Down Time


Had a very quiet day today, which was nice for a change.  I had the day off work for the most part, though I was in for awhile this afternoon to take care of a couple of things, so the day started out with dozing in until about 8:30.  My hero, the Brit, made sure both kids got out the door for school, so there was no need to rush around this morning, or for me to take JJ to the bus.  Once the house was quiet, I curled up on the couch with a book for the next two hours, before heading out to Curves and to run a few errands.

Aaron had a birthday party to go to after school, so he rode the bus home with the birthday boy and should be calling in the next hour for us to come get him, so the house was mine until elementary school got out at 3:30.  Typically, I would tend to spend a quiet day off work cleaning or doing laundry, but decided against that today.  After all, the kids will be out of school in under two weeks (Where did the year go??  Aaron will be in 7th grade in the fall!  Sheesh!) so any down time is pretty much out now until the end of August.

It takes a few weeks around here for everyone to grow accustomed to the summer schedule, the kids included.  They are used to the structure they have been in since September, and even leading a life of luxury for almost three months takes a little time to settle into.  Then once we get used to it, it is nearly time for school shopping.  Go figure.

I just finished reading the latest Yada Yada book today and though I loved it, I'm always a little sad at the end as the next one will probably not be out for a year.  When I first discovered the series last year, it was wonderful because I read all of them, sans the newest, right after each other.  I relate to Jodi Baxter so much in her spiritual struggles and the rest of the characters come to life on the pages as well.  As I finished that book off tonight, I started one that my sister's pastor wrote called "Stripped".  My sister lives in Henderson, right outside of Las Vegas, so you can imagine the amazing stories that take place within this book.  Only fifty-something pages into it and I am already in awe of what God can do in the most unlikely of places.

Have a good weekend, everyone, in the event I don't see you again until after it!  Be safe over the Memorial Day holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment