Friday, May 11, 2007

One last time


Okay, I am going to address this once and only once and then I am moving on.



The past week, this blog has been exploited and not used for its intended purpose.  The purpose of this journal is for me to stay in touch with family and friends and for me to journal about my life, and my feelings about my life.  End of sentence.  This blog has been in existence for over a year and has experienced no issues until lately.



From what I can best piece together, I emailed a question to someone that I consider a friend who I do not usually email.  At the bottom of my emails is my blog address, so the fact that the blog got out there was an innocent mistake on my part, but from that moment on, the fault of anyone's wounded feelings or misplaced anger is not mine.  If this blog was forwarded to the folks who have started their own church, that was a decision made by someone else.  If the purpose was simply to stir up the pot once more, then people succeeded in doing that.  Whether that was the right or wrong thing to do is not for me to say.



I don't really see any other reason for forwarding this blog address other than to stir things up.  If people were using the blog for its intended purpose all of a sudden, then why not just pick up the phone and call me to see how I am and how my family is.  No, that was not the case.  The purpose of passing on my feelings to those who do not agree (there's a shocker, now right?  We are all aware of the fact that we don't agree or we would all still be worshiping in the same building.) was to get people riled up because I wrote about things from my perspective. 



I pay for this domain name and for this space to use as my journal.  So, I own it.  It is mine, so if you are going to flame me in my "house" so to speak, you can probably expect me to defend it.  I would venture to say that if I walked into your house and started spewing out insults, you'd do the same, as you should.  My feelings are mine and this domain is mine.  It seems simple enough.



In eight months, I have not mentioned the split in the church until someone who shall remain nameless, decided to drudge up an eight month old entry and take issue with it.  Maybe it's just me, but that seems a little nuts.  They decided to take issue with the feelings I was working out in my journal about a healing service.  A healing service did stir things up for me and I worked through my issues here, on my property.  I went back to read that entry after receiving the flaming comment, and took note that I did not call anyone names nor insult anyone.  I was trying to work out what the purpose was of a unity service, if unity was only the intent one way.  When I mentioned the word "hypocrisy", the sentence began with "From my point of view".  I was not slanderous nor judgmental.  I simply spoke of how things looked from my side.  When I stated at the end of that entry that " I want to be able, with a clear heart, to wish them all the best and every blessing in their new church."
I meant that and now am able to feel just that and have been feeling it for the better part of eight months.  The healing service did indeed help me heal, though I was unsure if it was possible to begin with.  By God's grace, that's what happened.



I feel I blogged responsibly about my feelings and I take a great deal of effort to not mention names in here, other than first names in order to keep things as private as possible.  I am so incredibly over what happened at that church a year and half ago, it's unbelievable, thus the reason it has not been blogged about for eight months.  Believe me, if it was still forefront in my mind, there would have been much more said about it.



I have thought long and hard about the issues that have transpired this last week and the decision I have made is that if anyone chooses to flame me again here, I may or may not respond to it, but either way, I will ban the IP address from being able to leave comments again.  I've already done that for the last commenter. It's not what I want to do, however, I also don't want to have eight month to a year old battles on my blog.  I have much bigger fish to fry.  I have a family to care for, and a church to help grow, and my health to be dealing with.  I have a relationship with God that deepens every single day.  I have knitting to do for heaven's sake and cat hair to clean up!  I simply have not the time nor the desire to deal with this any longer.  I have moved on and it's time everyone else does too...on both sides.  As I told the visitor I had the other day who was from the "other side", disagreeing does not have to make us enemies.  It was so nice to hear this person agree with that statement and we discussed how everyone, on both sides, needed to get over it.  



I hope you all stick around and read if that is what you want to do, but if you are just waiting for me to go off on a tangent about the split, I have not had that need in eight months, until someone rehashed it here.  So, if that is what you are waiting for, you'd may as well move on now.  If that isn't what you're waiting for, then welcome and I hope you occasionally find something here to make you laugh or smile.



God's blessings to all. 



I wish you all the best.  I truly do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment