Friday, May 18, 2007

TGIF...I think


So tonight is night numero two of this conference-I-am-part-of-the-entertainment-thing.  Did not get home until nearly 10:00 last night, just in time for CSI and please don't let Sara die.  Since waking up this morning, things have just not stopped and I'm tired.  Here's a sample.

Worked from 8:30-12:30 and had just tons to do today.  Barely got it all finished in time.  Left work, as despite feeling tired a wee bit out of sorts, I still needed to do the Curves thing, so I did.  Left there and came home to try to straighten up home that three men were left alone in last night for six hours.  Walked up on the porch and realized I needed to water my flowers and my plants, so:

Filled huge watering can full of water
Realized that the water made me want to pee, so went upstairs to deal with that.
Took care of nature and then realized that the sink in the bathroom needed to be cleaned.
Cleaned sink in bathroom as well as little bench and toilet.  Grumbled over why smashed up crackers were in the corner by the trash can.
Walked out of bathroom twenty minutes later and glanced in kid's room.
Took the next 45 minutes to clean up their room, from legos to towels and clothing on the floor. 
Checked in the Brit's and my room and hung up dress from last night. 
Decided to go ahead and start laundry, so piled all clothes from our hamper into portable laundry basket.
Did the same in the kid's room.
Took towels that I just hung up in the bathroom (previously on kid's floor) and threw them in portable laundry basket as well. 
Dragged baskets along with handful of ink pens found in kid's room downstairs (I had wondered just this morning where all my pens went!).
Remembered that I was going to water the plants, but decided to start laundry first.
Carted laundry down the next flight of stairs to basement.  Started a load.  Went back upstairs, forgetting to grab something out of freezer to cook for men for dinner.
Picked up watering can to water plants.  Phone rings.  Quickly set watering can on table  and water sloshes everywhere.
Answer phone.
Get off phone and finally water plants and flowers.
Clean up kitchen; put away dishes from last night, wash dishes, wipe off counters, stove and table.
Deal with piles of mail that are lying around and throw away broken picture frame.
Vacuum.
Take vacuum upstairs to clean up there and especially to pick up smashed up cracker from bathroom floor.
Go back down to basement and switch loads of laundry over.  Remember to get dinner out of freezer.
Come upstairs and get dinner ready to roll.
Iron (Iron??) dress for tonight's event.
Read about Monkee talking about knitting (you can do it!)
Finally eat a little bit of cantalope.
Go upstairs and get dressed for tonight's event.
Apply fresh makeup
Put peas in pot to start cooking them.
Blog
Next step is putting Brit's potatoe in the microwave to cook.

But they say I only work 20 hours a week.....



No comments:

Post a Comment