Monday, October 26, 2009

5 Mile Walk? Check!


So the Breast cancer 5K was actually a five mile walk.  We walked most of it out of doors but got caught in the rain twice and moved it inside to the track.  I have pictures but I let the tee shirt lady talk me into a large and for me, judging by the photos, huge mistake...and they were white, so ya'll know where I'm coming from, right?  Yeah, way not posting them.

But huge sense of accomplishment for having done it and our county raised somewhere along the lines of $173,000 breaking all previous records.  Thank you to all of you who donated.  You are the amazing ones.

Saturday night was Ron White at the Maryland Theater and it was a blast.  Funny-ish story.  We went to dinner before and I had a glass of wine.  Then when we got there, they had not yet opened the doors to the theater so everyone was all lined up waiting to get in and we went into the theater's bar next door instead, which was pretty empty and I ordered another glass of wine, which I took into the theater with me.  I was buzzing along quite happily and decided I needed one more glass before Ron took the stage, so I headed back to the bar, which was now insanely crowded!  But I worked my way to the bar and while waiting to be waited on, a guy next to me starts chatting with me and we are joking around for a few minutes and then he asks me what time it is.  Checking my watch I tell him we have six minutes so I really need waited on because I did not want to miss a second of Ron White, to which he says "We'll there will be a warm up."

My mind is immediately filled with images of Ron coming out on stage to tell a few jokes like why did the chicken cross the road, but I asked it anyway..."How do they warm up a comedian?"  Had the guy said "opening act" or anything like that, I'd have gotten it.  Instead the dude now knew I was a live comedian virgin.  Ah well.  Live and learn...and drink wine.

Wednesday I move onto week three of my C25K.  Haven't looked yet at what that entails.  I like to be surprised and not so much overwhelmed.  I have enough overwhelmed in my regular life with two boys.  But so far, I am enjoying my little 90 second runs.  I'll get back to you after Wedneday and let you know how much I like week three!



No comments:

Post a Comment