Thursday, October 15, 2009

Need Something to Stumble Upon


I get really excited when I find cool new things to me, on the internet.  So my find today may not be new to many of you, but I just discovered it and think it is the dog's whatsits (as the British dude would say).  The site is StumbleUpon and if you are like me, there are times you are bored of your frequently looked at websites and you are thinking "Dang, if only I could find something new to view."  Well, wish no more!

You have to sign up and you have to download the StumbleUpon tool bar but then the fun begins. You go into their website and pick the categories that interest you.  For example, picked things like "health and fitness" , "cats", "Travel" etc. Then your handy dandy new tool bar (and it didn't take away my Google tool bar, it just added another tool bar, so don't fear losing Google if you are a Googlelite.) will have a "Stumble" icon and when you click on this, it will take you to a site that falls within your category specifications.  For example, under my cooking category, this popped up . I mean, how fun is this?  You can pop in what ingredients you have and it will tell  you what you can make!  Then when if I am really bored, I can tell it I have really weird stuff and try to have it create me a dinner out of cheese and syrup or something.

If you like a site you find, you can punch your little "I like it!" icon and it will Favorite the site for you.  And I can share it and make friends apparently.  I have only punched my little "Stumble" button like four times and I was so excited I had to blog and tell you all about it.  So go Stumble!  Unless unlike me, you have a life.



No comments:

Post a Comment