Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is It Normal to be Nervous?


Hardcore runners may be scoffing at me.



"A 5K?� Run a real race, wimp!"



Just kidding...sorta, kinda.



I have been taking running baby steps for months and now the reality of taking it to the next reasonable level is almost here and I find it a little bit scary.� I also have lots of questions!� Maybe some of you who have hopefully been stalking me the way I do you, will know my answers!



Friday night before the race:�



What should I eat or for a 5K does it even matter?� Not like I am really running a distance, though for this still overweight 43 year old, it will feel that way.� So should food even be a consideration?



Friday night is Fire pit night, so can I have a glass a wine?� Obviously not my usual bottle and a half�1/2 bottle, but can I have a glass?� Should I have a glass?



What is Chip Timing and how does it work?



How early should I arrive for the run if I am already registered?



I think I have read before that runner etiquette says slower runners should group towards the back.� Correct, yes?



If I collapse on the course will the other runners just step around me, or can I expect to be kicked off the main path?



Okay, all for tonight...it's Idol, Biggest Loser Finale and Glee night, but I wanted to get in the blog post and the questions!






2 comments:

  1. If you think parking will be an issue, get there as early as you can...

    Chip timing in pretty cool. Everyone gets a fair shot. The "start time" will coincide when you go over the start mat, so it'll be a more accurate time.

    As far as the meal before race day, a glass should be fine, I tend to not eat much right before the race, usually a yogurt and/or a granola bar, but that's just me. Remember to drink enough water, but not too much that you have to pee in the middle of the race. LOL!!

    Don't worry about bringing safety pins for your bib, they will be provided. :) I start toward the middle/back of the pack. If you collapse, you won't get kicked to the side. there are usually nice people to help with the race and direct traffic. Just watch out for parked cars! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot's of worries here. LOL. I think you better stop feeling nervous, just enjoy the scene, the situation you are into and have fun from there. Being happy is the most satisfying part of it.

    ReplyDelete