Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly


Hope you all had a great weekend.� Mine was good as The Brit returned home and I am no longer a single parent.� Love it when that happens.



Today has been a roller coaster, so let me lay it out for you.� Only one major negative event but lots of smaller things.



The Good:



The new meds are working beautifully and everyone, including me survived the transition, though there were moment of touch and go.



I finally found what I believe to be the headphones of my running dreams.� Okay, I paid $20 for them, but they are Nike and appear to be promising.� Could no longer take having to readjust headphones while trying to run.



My new cable came for my beloved pink Acer and all is well.� So relieved to have it back.� After having it for nearly a year, I hated being in the computer room with the desktop.



My new House of Hope book got here today.� I ordered it last summer when I finished the last one, so it would be shipped as soon as it was released.� I am stoked to start it.



The Brit finished off the bathroom today with the new hardware.� Now I just need Tod to help me pick out a gray color for the cabinetry.



I am meeting Leisl for sushi on Friday and am looking forward to it.



Both Friday and today, I walked a mile, ran a mile and repeated it.� I am now able to see my progress.



My first 5K is this Saturday.



The Bad:



The Teenager woke up in a foul mood which made for a rocky morning.� Then after school, he told a grand total of nine lies to answer one simple question.� Again, the answer would have been nothing he would have been in trouble for.



I am running my first 5K on Saturday.



The Ugly:



The church was robbed and all my teen's Change for Change bottles (our gas money for the mission trip) were stolen.� I cannot begin to tell you how angry I am about this.� I will never, ever understand why people think they have the right to take things others have worked for.



My first 5K is this Saturday....it will probably not be pretty.






4 comments:

  1. Whoa....did the theft happen from within?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you seem to be finding ballance with the new meds!! And good luck on your first 5K...how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do fine in the 5K! I'm looking forward to hearing the race report.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!! You'll do fine on your first 5K. Don't be too concerned about your time, just focus on finishing. :)

    can't wait to hear about your first 5K.

    ReplyDelete