Friday, May 14, 2010

Thank God....seriously!






If this cat was drinking wine like I will be in a few hours, it would be perfect...but we can always view as "this is what I will look like by midnight."



Yeah. Ready for the weekend.� I think.� Definitely ready for tonight.� Starting tomorrow, I single parent for the week.� Not looking forward to that.� Dear Lord, let it be an uneventful week.



I have been sitting with my friend's daughter, Emma, while her mom, Shiloh (my friend) has been undergoing radiation for breast cancer.� I love this little girl.� I think because I have two boys, I find little girls just magical.� I love her little girly attitude and her blonde flyaway curls and how precocious she is and though I am thrilled to death for my friend almost being finished with her radiation, I will miss Emma Wednesdays (though I do plan on spending some time with Shiloh, Emma and Deacon this summer with my boys).�



Apparently, Wednesday night, Emma had a seizure.� They took her to our local hospital, ran tests and found nothing out of the ordinary, so they released her.� On her way out to the car, Emma had another seizure, so they took her to DC to Children's Hospital.� Now, she is doing well and they think the seizures are idiopathic, which after talking to Shiloh, sounds like they are not the bad kind (is there a good kind of seizure?).� Hopefully she will be released today but please keep Emma and this family in your prayers.� They have had a trying year and I am praying that they all have a safe passage to the other side of this tunnel life has thrown at them.



I have my eye on one of these .� For $29, I don't think I can beat it.� A lot of runner swear by the Garmin 320, but I am not yet serious enough to spend $150.00 on a device.� And i don't have to have Nike shoes to use it.� Amazon or eBay both sell a thing adapts with your laces to position the sensor.�When I stay on the path that marks a mile for me, I know how far I have run, but let's face it, one of the joys of running outside is being able to go different places.� But when I go different places, I have no idea how far I have run.� Plus I think this little baby gives you your calorie burn too which would be awesome.�



Okay, I can think of nothing else for today.� I think my fog blocks some of my creativity, so bear with me.� I'm getting there one day at a time.



Happy weekend, peeps!� Join me in a drink tonight on the deck!




4 comments:

  1. Well, you know I am totally behind the purchase of any Apple product. I have heard great things from runners regarding the Nike thingy. Might I suggest looking for a refurbished iPod Nano? Let me look around and see what kind of deals I can find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps, maybe I misunderstood. You've got the iPod part of it don't you? Nevermind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you'd like, I can send you mine. :)

    don't get the pouch.. this is what I do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gv5ZwTS3io

    ReplyDelete