Friday, September 22, 2006

The Green Eyed Monster


Why is it that as human beings we have a tendency to become jealous of things that we cannot control?  I guess I've always been a little possessive of people.  Once you are my friend, I want you to always be my friend and when I feel a relationship slipping away that I desperately want to hold onto because of how much I love/like/admire/enjoy that person, I feel helpless.  Then when it goes a step further and I feel as if I've been "replaced" it is really painful.  I hate it, but I'm trying to deal with it.

You have probably seen that email that floats around in cyberspace and lands in your inbox from time to time.  The one about friends being for a "reason, season or a lifetime."  In some cases, reason and season seem to go hand in hand.  A person is in your life for a season but also for a reason and in this case, I very much know what the reason was as far as how it corrospondes to my life.  The reason was a good one and I would do nothing to change it.  I would not want to rewind the clock to never allow this relationship to have never happened in order to avoid the hurt.  The reason was far too important and I would not be standing on the precipice of something important had this relationship never occured. 

Still it hurts.  But I think it may be time to move on where this aspect of my life is concerned.  I wish this person every happiness in the world and will continue to include this person in my prayers every night.  I want nothing but good things for her.  I owe her a thank you for the influence she's had in my life.  My door is still open, but the time for my feeling needy will now end.  Maybe there will still be a friendship going forward; only time will tell.  God gave me a gift in her, even if it was only for a season.



No comments:

Post a Comment