Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Reoccuring Weirdness


So, I keep having this dream from time to time.  There are elements of the dream that are always the same and some bits are always different.  The constant in this dream is the whales.  I may or may not have mentioned in the past that I adore marine life and if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the orca (or killer whale for those of you who know them by that name).  I'm always at some kind of marine park where there is this attraction where you can ride this insane kind of water slide thingythat pretty much allows you to view the orcas in their natural habitat at close range.  In the dreams, I am aware that I have ridden this attraction before and my goal is always to ride it again, but things get in the way, which is how the dream changes.  The odd part is that no part of my day yesterday had anything to do with marine life but I'm also thinking that this dream has some deeper, more hidden meaning.  Generally, I don't lose any sleep (snicker) over dreams, but this is the only one I have had more than once.  So, any takers?

I haven't updated since the weekend (and thanks to all of you for your comments on the Photo Scavenger Hunt!) so I trust y'all had a nice long holiday weekend!  We enjoyed it, but by Monday, I was ready for the kids to get back in school.  You know that saying where the parent gets up and walks to another room and the kid says, "Where you going?" and the parent says, "Crazy, wanna come?"?  Well, here is how that one goes down in my house. 

Monday, JJ is yapping at me and yapping at me and yapping at me, so finally, unable to take it anymore, I get up to go walk into the kitchen to scrounge up some lunch.  Then the question, "Mommy, where you going?"  To which I replied, "Crazy-." I was then cut off by his little voice saying, "Can I come?"

So, I have actually knit up two baby hats to give to the sisters on Saturday at our knitting group!  (Reminder to Brit...knitting on Saturday).  It's nice to know I can finish something.



No comments:

Post a Comment