Friday, September 1, 2006

Our finest


Remember awhile back I was telling y'all about Mailcall?  Well, this week, Hagerstown's finest have been perfecting that mountain out of mole hill skill they are already quite proficient with.  Some poor girl apparently called in and blew off a little steam, probably after a tiff with her mother-in-law.  Now c'mon...if you have a mother-in-law, you can understand this.  I love my MIL, but there are times that we clash a little, if for no other reason, than because we are both woman, and we know how we get!  So anyway, this poor girl called in and stated this:

"I'm looking to replace a mother-in-law. Can somebody out there suggest a good mother-in-law? Thanks."


Now, we've all felt this way at one time or another, and I thought her comment was innocent enough.  But then, two days later, she was being blasted....




"I'm calling about the person that had the nerve to write in to Mail Call on Monday, Aug. 28, saying 'I'm looking to replace a mother-in-law.' My mother-in-law is gone, and I wish very much that she was here, so just be thankful your mother-in-law is here. I know they're not always great, but they're good to have around."


"I'm reading Mail Call on Monday, Aug. 28, about someone looking to replace a mother-in-law. Sure, I can suggest a real good one, but the problem is, you can't have her because she's mine."

"I'm calling about the person in Mail Call that's looking to replace their mother-in-law. I'd love to help you replace your mother-in-law, but I think I have the best mother-in-law in the world."

"Hey, I'm looking to replace a son-in-law. Could someone suggest a good son-in-law, maybe like Brad Pitt, or somebody like that?"


Of course, with not being a Brad Pitt fan, I think that last one is very misguided.

So, good news!  The prayer group is already six warriors strong!  I'm excited about it!  It's embarking out into the great unknown for me, having never done anything like this before.  I have confidence that God will bring together the group of women he wants together in this group and yes, I have a feeling there are more members coming!  Again, if you are interested in joining us, please go here and join!  We'd love to have you!

I went back to Curves and dieting this week and it went pretty well until tonight.  That TOM hit today and the need of chocolate was overpowering, so I caved a bit tonight.  I plan on getting right back up into the saddle tomorrow however!

Okay, I'm off to get the Photo Hunt picture ready to post!  Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment