Monday, September 25, 2006

Just another manic Monday


That title is so much the truth today!  The morning started out rough.  JJ did not want to get out of bed and that never starts the morning out right.  I start out waking him up nicely, then I get silly with him, then we move to stern-mode but ten minutes later, it is finally the threats that propell him to his feet.  Can someone explain this to me?  Wouldn't it be a far more pleasant Monday experiece to get out of bed while mom is being good natured?  Why does it take "If you aren't up by the time I count to five you are not going outside to play after school."?  Those words not only get him up, but he gets up with this expression on his face that clearly reads "Woman, what is your problem?  I'm up already!"

After the waking up battle, we have the getting dressed battle, which always ensues anytime the waking up problem occurs.  Then he enlightens me with poison ivy.  Poison could find this child from twenty miles away!  He has it on his neck, his leg, his foot and of all places, his butt.  So I called the doctor and threw my Curves workout away to take him the doctor's this afternoon.  Before leaving for work, I threw all our bedding in the wash, got to work and Mondays in a church office are hectic.  Dealt with all that, left work, came home, put bedding in dryer, cleaned our bedroom, including the hardwood floors.  I am in the process of taking sorta dry bedding upstairs to redress the bed when Aaron gets home.

He informs me he has homework but he left it at school in his locker.  This is annoying especially as we are working on responsibility with him.  So, I call the Brit at work, who offers to take Aaron while I take JJ to the doctor.  So, Aaron and I head back to his school to retrieve the homework, so we have enough time for me to get him to the Brit's place of business and still be at JJ's school to pick him up.  Aaron runs in school and returns with missing homework.  Halfway to the Brit's job, Aaron informs me that he ran into his Social Studies teacher in the hallway, who asked him what he was doing back at school.  He explained he had left the SS homework in his locker.  The SS teacher then informed him the homework wasn't due until Friday....

SO!  I drop him off with the Brit and then get into the three ring circus that is the elementary school at 3:30 (which is why JJ always rides the bus, but with doc appt there just wasn't enough time).  Finally pick up child and we speed off to the doctor where we wait forever to be seen.  We manage to work on some of his homework while I knitted and eventually, prescription in hand for a steriod, we are leaving the doctor.   We drop off the prescription at the CVS nearest our home and then get home.  JJ immediately goes out to play and I immediately go upstairs to dress the bed.  Then it is try to invent something fast for dinner, which goes fairly well.  Aaron and the Brit arrive home, and dinner happens.  After dishes, it is off to the library (The Brit needed books and I offered to go) mainly because CVS called to say they are all out of the steriod until tomorrow but the CVS on the other side of town has it.  Once they agree to fax over the prescription, I agree to go out there to pick up the meds.  So, a stop at the library, then to CVS for the meds, then home again. 

The Brit has taken the kids to the park to fly the newly purchased Air Hog, so I collapse on the couch and manage to watch Dr. Phil (which I had recorded).  Brit and kids arrive home and directions are given for trash, litter, and baths.  After JJ's bath, there is medicine to deal with, ointment to deal with and reading to deal with.  Once children are in bed, there are lunches to pack and that brings me to right here, right now, in front of the computer, reliving this day.

Anyway, I'm cutting my hair tomorrow...it may be drastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment