Thursday, September 14, 2006

Random Thursday


Have y'all noticed that even my random day is random?  I think it's kinda edgy.

Anyway, nothing major to report, but I haven't updated since my cranky day and I felt guilty.  Actually though, the week has been kind of dull and boring, which can, at times, be a blessing.  Nothing major happening at the church this week other than the preparation for the healing service on Sunday, which I think I'm ready for.   Here at home, things have been pretty quiet.

I may be trying the patience on a Brit with my knitting buddies escapades, but so far he is being good natured.  Next Saturday, I am finally going to get to go to the Yarn Basket!  I have a cat pattern that is my intention to knit for Paula for Christmas, but I need the yarn it calls for and this shop, (per their website anyway) has it!  So next Saturday morning there will be a small road trip to Chambersburg with Lisa and Sheri. 

Then the first Friday in November is Stitches East in Baltimore.  Well, it is that whole weekend actually, but we (as again in myself, Lisa and Sheri) are going to the market on Friday.  I love knitting shopping!  Just so much fun to walk around and see what folks are selling and making and if it was anything like the Sheep and Wool Festival, there could be some great bargains!  No, I honestly don't NEED yarn, but there is something so addictive about it!  You just see a color you have to have, or the yarn has a feel you simply have to partake of long term...it's way easy for me to get my crazy on! 

So, I did mention some knitting over the weekend and this time I did take some pictures! 



This is Sheri (on the left) and Deanna knitting away.  Deanna joined us from New Jersey this time as she was spending a weekend with Lisa:



Who is shown here as Annie makes her rounds for some lovin'.


For some reason, Micki loves to sit in a shadow.  The other picture I have of her is so dark as well!  Micki is an amazing knitter and I found out last Saturday that she is in the process of writing a book!  Something to do with where to yarn shop in New England.  Very cool and I will be one of the first to buy it.



I'm not sure of who Liz came with but she was new to our group and very cute!  She had apparently not knitted for quite some time and was very quiet while she concentrated, but insisted she enjoyed our chatter! 

Shell and Kelly were also there but their photo came out darker than Micki's.  Sorry, Shell, no formal blog mention for you tonight! 

And this I just took because it was raining so I drove JJ up to the bus stop.  I thought he looked exceptionally cute!



Despite the fact that he is challenged when it comes to making a normal face for a picture.  Little goober.



No comments:

Post a Comment