Saturday, September 9, 2006

Just had to share this...


Okay, so today after getting home from the knitting group, I was sitting down to finish the book I am currently reading.  I have been  absorbed in the Yada Yada series by Neta Jackson.  These stories are excellent and not only Christian fiction, but they also deal with diversity in cultures and race in a very real way. 



Anyway, in conjunction with my post last night about the healing service, as well as in regards to Irish Church Lady's comment, I was coming up on the end of the book and though the topic of conversation didn't really cause me to go "Hmmm" at first, these sentences did.  All credit, of course, goes to Neta Jackson!



"Girl, it's just like Avis said a couple of weeks ago.  If Hoshi didn't forgive Becky Wallace, she be lettin' that woman hurt her all over again every time she thinks 'bout what happened.  But you watch.  A little forgiveness goes a long way.  Gonna take the sting out."



Then it goes a little further, as the main character contemplates those words:



"Maybe Florida was right, though; maybe God wanted us to forgive people for our own good too.  Even people who didn't say 'sorry'."



Some of you may find my getting to that part of the book today after writing what I wrote last night, coincidence, but I must beg to differ.  After all, coincidence is when God choses to remain anonymous.



Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment