Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Beautiful Day


I completely enjoyed my afternoon today.  Got off work and went to run a private, not to be blogged about errand.  From there, I decided it had been several months since I have checked Goodwill for clothing.  Anyone who knows me well, knows that this is my biggest contribution to going Green.  I love used clothes.  I love that they are already broken in and comfy.  Now some of you might say "But ewwww, broken in by whom?" And I am here to tell you that is what washing machines are for. 

I got some great name brand stuff.  Two pairs of workout pants ($3 each), a pair of padded biking shorts (these were a STEAL at $3.  They sell new for thirty-something bucks!), a beautiful St. John's Bay sweater ($4), a hoodie ($5), a Christopher Banks sleeveless hoodie ($6) and Cabin Creek long sleeved soft and snuggly material shirt ($4) and an adorable pair of shorts ($4).  I was thrilled to bits.  I had sent in some broken never to be repaired jewelry to Red Swan and got a small check back from them, and I was trying to decide on what treat to spend it.  This was by far my best option as I so got more bang for the buck!

Then once I got home, I elected to bike to the drugstore to pick up a prescription, which was awesome.  I actually will get in a second workout today with kickboxing and I got two in yesterday as well as I did my gym thing and then
Tod called me and asked if I wanted to walk.  It was such a beautiful evening, I went out with to enjoy it as well as his company.  My plan for tomorrow is to load up my bike on the car before work and then after work head to the canal for a ride. 

Remember that my trainer friend at the Y once told me I needed to look at exercising as being an athlete in training?  Well, I finally feel as if I am back on target!

Life is good....and beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment