Friday, September 18, 2009

Questions, Answers and Comments


I am trying diligently to blog a bit more regularly though I really don't think I want to be a slave to it any longer.  I have now experienced the freedom of not feeling as if I have to blog and I like having the choice (I guess I always had the choice, I was just a little OCD about it).



So last week, I posted about my
issues here, and my delightful sister in law, Shannon asked me this:



Kim, I agree with your statements on the two main subjects, and that is confusing me, because I've always considered myself a conservative. Maybe it's because I also believe in the "judge not, lest ye be judged" passage.



Now how about another subject, such as gun control? For or against it? I am against gun control because government can't guarantee me that they will get all the guns away from the criminals. Until that happens, I want to keep mine for protection against them. Is that a conservative viewpoint or liberal?




Well, this compelled me to do a little looking.  Remember, I am pretty non-political and after
finding this, I am even less political than I thought.  Even on the issues I spoke about in the above mentioned post, my views are a bit different from the liberal views cited on this site.  I do believe that human life begins at conception, which is a conservative view, but I also believe that a choice should not be taken away for the reasons I mentioned in my post.  I don't know how I feel about the death penalty either.  What I do know is that prisons are too easy for hardened criminals.  If you are in jail, especially for a serious crime (I mean, they are all serious, but I'm talking rape, murder, kidnapping, child abuse etc)  I don't think you should be allowed to get a college degree, or television rights etc.  We have people living honest lives who don't have the money for those things, plus I assume my tax dollars are paying for it. 



This site also states that liberals are not concerned with the environment and that is so not me.  I have a great love of wildlife and oceans and mountains and rain forests, so I must fall into the conservative category there.  And according to this site, the folks who feel you can own a gun no matter what are conservatives.  Really?  I am so non-political I am confusing myself. 



I don't know how I feel about the gun thing, Shannon.  I think they are far too accessible for people to get a hold of.  I think it is too easy for crazy people to bear arms and for kids to get hold of them as well.  However, there are too many people in this country who have guns that I don't think the normal person's defense should be taken away.  Ugh, all very confusing.



When it comes to religion, I am conservative in many ways.  I don't think God's name should be taken out of the Pledge of Allegiance or off our money.  Our country was founded on Christian values, but I also know that other religions exist.  The problem I have is that it seems like everyone wants to defend the rights of the other religions by taking away the rights of the Christians.  Just my thoughts. 



So what does this make me?  I have no clue.  I only know how I feel about certain issues.  Maybe I need to not be so concerned with labels.



Let's move on to something that gives me less of a headache. 



Susan intrigued me with this:



Hi Kim, I have also hit a kind of plateau however I continue with my walking. Got to say I really enjoy it. I'm going to walk in the Balto. 1/2 marathon which will be approx. 13 miles. I feel very confident I can do this I just hope all the runners doing the 1/2 don't run me down.



Susan, when and where is the Baltimore half marathon?  I would love to do something like this!



She also said this:



And here you're going to think I'm crazy but I'm going to join Weight Watchers. I am approx. 10 1/2 months out and feel like I really need more of a structured food plan. They have this thing called E-Tools online that lets you track everything you eat so I think that will help me. Do you think it's silly that a RNY patient is joining WW ??



And nope, I don't think it is crazy.  In fact, I have heard of many RNYers going to Weight Watchers to help them continue to lose.  I also think though that Livestrong.com has a food tracker too, so you may want to check that out!



Happy weekend, peeps!  Not sure if you will hear from me again before Monday or not.  Depends on if I have anything to say!



Peace out!




No comments:

Post a Comment