Thursday, September 17, 2009

Now I just need to try Yoga


So this week I started a Muscle Makeover class at the YMCA.  It's been interesting; kind of a beginner class for hand weights, which I needed as I have trouble knowing what exercise is for which muscle, so I am learning things. After Monday's workout I was pretty sore, but after last night's workout, I'm not really feeling any of that having worked my muscles ache, so I guess I need to graduate from five pound weights up to eight pounds, at least for the arm work.  The chest work (lying down on a step aerobic step with arms out to the side holding the weights and then lifting) is still killing me so I think five pounds for that yet.  We'll see how it goes.

Still kickboxing (Have to have my GBC for the week) and Spinning on Thursdays.  Also walked twice this week (the days I have the MM class, so I get in some cardio).  Not losing much yet in pounds which is frustrating, but I have confidence that things will start moving better once again.  I have lost a little, but nothing to get excited about yet.  I am still battling bread, especially this week.  I can go without it forever, but then the craving hits and nothing calms it.  I gave into cravings twice this week for Subways sweet onion chicken sub things (half of course) and though it is not terrible, it isn't overly wonderful either. 

What do my other WLS gals eat for lunch? I often try to have leftovers from a night's dinner, but we don't always have leftovers or it will be something I am just not in the mood to have.  Breakfast is a no-brainer as I've been eating a scrambled egg with cheese and half of a multigrain muffin with sugar free jam.  Dinner is dinner.  Lunch is my problem.  Give me your menus please as I need help!

I think in the next few weeks I am going to try to hit the yoga class. I've always wanted to give it a try and as I have been trying all the things I have always wanted to, it's time to do one more!



No comments:

Post a Comment