Tuesday, September 8, 2009

People Need to CHILLLLLL


So I got into a Facebook argument of all things.  Like what is this?  High School? 

So there was a poll about whether or not Obama's speech to the students should be shown in school and I voted "yes" and stated that my reason had nothing to do with if you liked this president or not.  It was about showing children that the office of president needs to be respected.  In my opinion and experience, there are way too many kids out there who are not taught respect, period.  So if the president wanted to go on television and tell the kids about getting an education, I had no issue with that.  So this chick I went to high school with, who is apparently very much a conservative, commented on my answer to the poll stating she was against it and that she felt people needed to hear both sides.  Of course, my thought was "Both sides of what?"  So I kind of asked her that...what is the other side of telling kids to get an education?  Drop out of school and work in fast food forever?  I mean, c'mon.  So she comes back saying it should be at the discretion of the parents (I can give her that...understandable) then she goes into not trusting the president and he is known by the company he keeps, etc.  Again, I questioned her and questioned how she seems to be feeding into rather old news stories, so I asked her about the company the president apparently keeps. Then she goes into a whole religious thing, saying he goes to Muslim countries and says the US is not a Christian country (we do have muslims here, Jewish people etc, after all) and then insinuates that Michele Obama said she was finally proud of her country and construing that to make it sound like she was finally proud because of a Christianity issue.  Hello?  Seriously?  So I corrected her that Michele was proud of this country, as was I, that we had finally elected a black president, because of how far we had come.  And I quoted a news source from the BBC that talked about Obama's religious upbringing (all the while wondering how in the hell we had gotten into this argument over my initial comment about kids being taught to respect the office of president.  Again, seriously?) which she then complained about saying we had our independence from England (huh?).  I explained to her that I was trying to show her how easy it was to find another news source that could denounce what her news source said.  She then told me my reasons were lame, that she was sure I also had something against Palin (uh, yeah) and pretty much just attacked my views.So then I got really ticked and told her she was narrow minded and for someone who originally said people needed to hear both sides, she was certainly unwilling to listen or respect any of mine.

  Then I unfriended her.

I hate that kind of stuff.  I know we all don't feel the same way about most things and I can disagree and be disagreed with respectively. But don't attack me.  And don't turn my opinion on something else into a political debate about our current president. 

In other news, my mother needs to understand that there are things I don't need to know.  I don't need to know that because we have a boat, there are people who think we are loaded with money.  Yeah.  Why do I need to know this?  I know other people who are as "loaded" as we are, who also have boats (and like us make payments on them).  And then of course, we built a deck.  C'mon!  Seriously?  We manage our money.  We have debt.  We have the maximum withheld from our paychecks as it works as a savings account.  I am a cheapskate and proud of it.  I buy my clothes from second hand shops to save money and because I like saving money and recycling clothing.  I will not pay top dollar for anything.  I am a deal hunter. 

People are making me crazy.
  I think I will envision a few of them at kickboxing tonight....



No comments:

Post a Comment