Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Biggest Loser Wednesday


I loved last night's show. 



For those of you who don't watch, Week Two on the ranch is notorious for being a bad week.  When you take people who don't eat right and don't exercise and start them on intense exercise and a healthy diet, they have amazing losses the first week.  And they did.  But such extreme weight loss puts a strain on the body and freaks it out a bit.  It isn't sure what is going on, and it reacts by going into a starvation mode, convinced that it is facing a famine, and wants to hang on to everything it has.



Thus Week Two.  People who have eaten right and worked out like a crazy person have GAINED on the show in week two.  So what happens?  In typical BL fashion, they are presented with a challenge.  If the 15 contestants lose a combined total of 150 pounds in week two, no one goes home.  If they don't...two* people go home. I nearly swallowed my face and when the contestants told Bob and Jillian found out, they were pretty freaked out too.  After all, there has never been a good week two yet alone attempting to have one of this proportion.



But these 15 people took on the challenge with commitment and isn't that what losing weight is all about?  BL also gave them some headway.  Two challenges, both won, gave them I believe it was a 35 pound advantage at the weigh in. 



Shay broke my heart a little bit last night when she told Bob she wanted to be happy and that she never has been.  Her mom was a drug addict who died at a young age and Shay is the heaviest woman in BL history.  Bob not only made her say through tears that she DESERVED to be happy, but assured her, he was going to make sure she achieved that goal.



So the weigh in!  After the first team of two failed to pull the numbers they needed (and in their defense, I think they are the smallest two girls.  The less you weigh, the smaller your numbers seem to be each week) things took off and not only did they lose the 115 pounds, they lost without the advantage, the 150 pounds between them! 



I cried me some happy tears.



My scale on the other hand, is not moving and is pissing me off.  I need to do something else, but am not sure of what to do.  I am thankful I am not gaining, of course, but moving to a lower number would be nice.  What do I change up?  What worked for you guys, my WLS friends.  I have pretty much been on a plateau since a few weeks into summer and I am getting frustrated given that I workout five days a week.



And a huge THANK YOU to Robyn for her donation for my walk with the CVA CV!  Love ya, girl and yes, we are one day going to kick the butt of this disease and cancer in general!




No comments:

Post a Comment