Friday, August 18, 2006

4 More Days!

So, if you are one of those parents who feels sorry for the kids when they have to go back to school, you may want to skip the beginning of this post as I am incredibly excited!  FOUR MORE DAYS!  Only two more days to have to take them to work with me!  How beautiful is that??  Back to schedules and peaceful mornings after 8:15, back to peace and quiet at work.  Sure, school can be hectic as well with homework and messy book bags and lunches to pack, but still....SCHOOL! 

The yard sale at the church is going extremely well!  Lots of people shopping, lots of volunteers, homemade soups and goodies.  Seeing old friends of the church and knowing that we are doing way better than simply surviving (so if the rumor is true that those that left think that they will be coming back in January because we will have "Closed" our church, they may want to rethink that as we aren't going anywhere.  Let's be honest here...we are Christ's church and He is the head of our church.  He has paved the way for us to do just fine, thank you!).  It's a good feeling to be able to genuinely smile at the other parishioners around me because we all like and respect each other.  Before the exodus, my offers of help were often ignored by those who wanted to run things themselves, but now my help (and everyone else's help) is not only needed but appreciated and wanted!  It's the way a church should be and it's the way God's people should work together to get things done.    We worship together, we work together, we pray together and we play together.  For the absolute first time in my Christian walk, I am content with the body of believers to which I belong.

Okay, didn't mean to spout off about all that, but sometimes I am just so overcome by the number of blessings that God has instilled on my church that I have to share it.

Andrea came through her surgery fairly well, as far as I know (thank you to those who prayed or thought good thoughts for her!).  A one hour surgery turned into a four hour surgery, and there is still much pain so please keep praying and thinking those good thoughts for her!

So, my children have apparently lost their minds as tonight they were outside playing with the children across the street and apparently Halloween came up in the conversation, as the next thing I know, this had happened:



And this:



Apparently, the boys are as early with their seasons as the Walmart is.


No comments:

Post a Comment