Monday, August 7, 2006

A list


I really have nothing of any great importance to say today, but I have been mulling over a list of things I need or want to do in the next ten years.  I'm forty now, probably halfway through my life and there is still all this stuff that just needs to get done (and no, the "stuff" does not include cleaning the basement or the walk-in closet for the 5,556 time either).  I may add some things to the list and if I'm very fortunate, I will be able to cross some things off the list as the years go by.

So without further ado:  A wish list

1)  Lose a bunch of weight as without this some of the other stuff is going to be difficult.
2) Learn to ride a horse
3) Become published in something
4) See Orca whales in the wild
5) Feel very beautiful for just one season in my life
6) Learn to quilt
7) Visit both Hawaii and Ireland (not necessarily at the same time!)
8) See my children grow up to be respectable young men
9) Get a real kitchen (I'll take a picture of the current one and you'll understand)
10) See my church grow to the size it was before the exodus
11) Read the entire Bible
12) Visit Cape Cod again

So, I'm not sure if I can feasibly do all of this in ten years, but it's nice to have a few goals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment