Thursday, August 24, 2006

Not a morning glow


So, the dinner is cooking, tomorrow's lunches are packed and chilling, the grocery shopping for one more week is finished, the last load of clothes is in the dryer, the cats have eaten, the paperwork to return to schools has been completed and I'm tired!

Technically now that Aaron has started middle school, I don't have to get up until 7:00 in order to shower before waking up JJ at 7:30.  The Brit is waking Aaron up at 6:00 (a 6:40 bus...what is this world coming to with its craziness?) and seeing him out the door.  This really makes my morning way easier and not because of the obvious reason of not having to wake up until 7:00 (though we'll get to my own controlling craziness with that in a moment).  Not having two children getting ready for school at the same time, bickering the entire time, if not yelling and screaming at each other, tormenting each other, getting in each other's way, is awesome!  It is so much easier to get one child out the door as opposed to two and it even runs more smoothly for the children.  It makes the mornings not hectic like they were last year.

Now, if I could just bring myself to actually sleep until 7:00.  I suppose it is part of being a mother and being female, but the alarm goes off at 6:00, the Brit gets up and I start worrying.  "Will he remember to tell Aaron to take his meds?"  "Will he remember to tell Aaron to brush his teeth?"  "Will he remind Aaron that his lunch is in the fridge?"  These are the things that get me out of bed, so that I can personally check on them.  It isn't that I have a lack of faith in the Brit, it's that I've been getting kids off to school for a few years now, and there are just certain things that I know by heart that maybe the Brit is still working on getting in routine.  (that combined with who I know will get the phone call from school of "Mom, I forgot to take my pills, get my lunch, etc).  I'm hoping I will start feeling more confident soon because after a busy day like today, my butt has been kicked and it's only 5:30.



No comments:

Post a Comment