Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Random Wednesday


1) So, I was in the Walmart today (I love it when Larry the Cable guy refers to it as "THE Walmart"...it makes me laugh) with my mom and both kids.  JJ, who is six, was riding in the large part of the cart as opposed to in the child seat.  While walking down the isle, I looked at him and said "You need pull-ups, don't you?" (*Note: JJ is still prone to accidents at night while sleeping.  He is not in pull ups during the day, but I prefer to not have to change sheets on a bunk bed every other day because he slept through nature's calling).  JJ, looks to his left, then to his right and replies in a hushed voice, "Mom, do you have to tell everyone?"  He's so comical and doesn't even know it.

2) Robyn update.  I spent a few hours over at Robyn's apartment tonight with she and her sister, Susan.  What a nice evening!  Robyn is now all finished with treatment, thank God!  She still has the stomach tube and is not sure of when she will get rid of it.  She is SLOWLY getting her energy back, but it's going to take time.  I have always gotten on very well with Susan, from the time I was a freshman in high school and had just met her.  She is in her fifties, but is still exactly the same as when I first met her, close to twenty-six years ago.  What I discovered tonight is that she does wonders for my self confidence.  I think that so often we see traits in people and we are not so quick to point them out to the person.  Susan does not do this.  She told me tonight that there was no one else who made her laugh like I do.  I was surprised as I had never really viewed myself as "Funny".  I've always thought I had a decent, though slightly off-beat sense of humor, but never blatantly funny.  It was nice to know.

3) Prayer request.  My dear friend, Andrea, is undergoing surgery in the morning to remove some rather large fibroids.  A relatively routine surgery, but still a surgery just the same.  Prayers for a safe and successful surgery as well as a relatively pain free and fast recovery would be very much appreciated.

4)  For some reason, my best laid plans tend to get foiled.  Remember that list of things I wanted to accomplish before school starts?  Well, I had planned to begin working on that list today, but as usual, nothing goes according to plan.  The day began with JJ having a dentist appointment for a cleaning at 8:30.  We were there on time, the cleaning was quick, but they found four tiny cavities they wanted to do something with and could I come back at 3:30 to have those done, as otherwise, they had no appointments until after school started.  I suppressed a groan and agreed.  Got to work on time at 9:00 and worked until 1:00, then on to THE Walmart for groceries. From there, I dropped Aaron off with the Brit at work, as to not have to drag him back to the dentist with his brother.  Got home and had TEN MINUTES to unload groceries and get what needed to find its way to the freezer there, before tearing back out the door to the dentist.  By the time the cavities were done, it was nearly 4:45 and time to begin dinner once I got home.  So, there was pretty much my day, which left nothing to do but to head to Robyn's for some girl time!

I doubt much will get done the next two days due to our church yard sale.  They are putting stuff out and setting up for the sale to begin on Friday (it's a huge ordeal and we have it annually.  I have had the public calling the church office since June asking for the dates) so if they are still putting stuff out at 1:00, I'll stay to help for a bit.  Tomorrow night, I will be baking cookies as there is a bake sale/food sale that accompanies the yard sale.   Oh and just for the record, all the proceeds of the yard sale go to benevolence (Feeding the hungry, local charities, etc.)  So, if you are in the Hagerstown area and enjoy yard saling,  stop by the church and pay us a visit on Friday or Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment