Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Late birthday gifts are the best


"When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself."

I saw this quote today while searching for my "Quote of the Day" for the church powerpoint and I really liked it.  It says a lot about things that happened several months ago when the Christians in my church turned on each other (As a friend of mine said "Christians, unfortunately, are best known for shooting their own wounded).  It just reminds me that judgement was such a root of the problems and it took everyone's eyes away from the real prize: Jesus Christ.

Anyway!  Late birthday gifts!  Fun!  I got my late gift at our Fiber Fanatics gathering on Saturday from Kelly.  It was the book "One Skein" and has all these awesome patterns using only one skein of yarn, for all those leftovers when you over buy for a project.  Now, I was a total loser on Saturday and did not take one picture, so please forgive me.

Last night, Aaron got his late gift from my brother and sister in law, who we have not seen for some time though they live about ten miles away.  It was nice to spend time with them and it always makes me wonder why we don't get together more often. 






Amongst other things, Aaron got a magic set as he does have an interest.  Whether he takes the time to practice and learn the tricks remains to be seen.

I have been trying to prepare for the start of school in a week.  (Hear that, a WEEK!).  Being prepared as far as the kids go is one thing and then there is the my being prepared.  My being prepared for some time to get back to the gym after my summer hiatus, time for some knitting, some writing, etc.  BUT, to make sure I get to all these things, there are other things I need to accomplish so that other things that I NEED to do are not pulling me away from the things I WANT to do.  So, between now and next Tuesday, I want to get the walk-in closet cleaned up, and the bathroom floor mopped, and the hardwood floors upstairs cleaned, and my living room and knitting room put back together from the arrival of the big screen television.  If I can accomplish that in a week (and I  can if the men will just pick up after themselves in the interim), I will feel guilt free to get back to Curves and to try and find some writing time.  That's the plan.  We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment