Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Mish mosh


It is either feast or famine with me, isn't it?  Either I update faithfully every day but the weekends, or I'm sporadic, like lately.  It's kind of like my friend, Shell.  I either talk to her daily, or like now, I am waiting for her to call me "right back", which generally translates into I will hear from her in a day or so.

But, good news!  Both kids went back to school today!   <insert mom happy dance here>  Aaron started middle school...what a huge adjustment!  I went to his orientation with him last night, and they actually had us change classes!  Wow, the memories THAT brought back to me!  A kabillion people in the halls, none of us knowing where the hell we were going.  I'm way glad that part of my life is over!

I am entering into a new season in my life being forty and though I was most unhappy to turn that particular number, I now view it as an adventure.  I have things I want to accomplish.  I know so much more than I did ten years ago.  I have a good, solid marriage.  I have found that I do know how to parent for the most part.  I am needed in my church for the first time in the twenty something years I've been there.  I like not knowing what is just around the corner because I know that wherever I go or whatever I do, it is God who is leading me.  At forty, I know this where at thirty, I didn't.  I like it.  He's brought me this far, so who am I to doubt him.  Every day is a blessing and all I need to do is show up and then see where He takes me.  No, it isn't always pleasant or what I might have envisioned for myself, but with every turn this life has taken me, there have been lessons to be learned.  I love being open for new possibilities.  This is the great adventure; going through life with hope and grace right next to  you and it's awesome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment