Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And I still can't stand her


So with being away last week, I apparently missed the memo that came out last Tuesday in kickboxing that Michael would not be there tonight.� So I arrived tonight to find Jennifer.



I had not attempted her boring ass class in over a year, so I decided to stay to see if things were different.� I figured I was already there, and the gym was packed with people and it hell, it is cooler at the YMCA than in my non-air conditioned house.�



Class is still boring ass and it absolutely pisses me off.� She repeats the same move again and again and again and again and you get the picture.� By halfway through the class, I am on the verge of a freaking temper tantrum I am so annoyed.� HATE IT.� Maybe if I had only ever experienced her, it would be different, but with having Jack as my normal instructor, she pales immensely in comparison to his humor, his energy and he does not do the annoying "Whoo!" bullshit.� I am so not a Whoo girl.� But I did it and survived and came home grouchy as hell for having done it.� So there ya go.



I hate to complain about heat given the fact that I hate winter and it takes a lot to make me complain about heat, but peeps, it was like 103 degrees today in Maryland and we have no central air!� I am sitting her typing and sweating and it is pretty sad when the activity of sitting on your ass on a sofa typing has sweat pouring off of you.�� Sad.



I think I am getting up to run in the morning early before the 102 degree temps set in.� I ran a mile on the treadmill yesterday at the Y but it just isn't the same as being outside.� So I think I will be setting the alarm for 5:30 and getting it done before work.� My only other option is taking The Genius to the Y with me after work (The Lawyer is still camping) and that would be more than annoying as he would keep asking me when we were leaving so he can come home to play with Michael.� Going to the Y in the evening may impact the rest of the people I live with, so early morning should have the least impact on everyone else's life.



I am working on a date to get together with my two friends from elementary school when we are in California.� Can't seem to nail down any dates for anything so I am going to nail this one down and all else will need to be worked around it as I am afraid if I don't nail it, it won't happen and I would be sorely disappointed to miss out on seeing them.� They were my best friends growing up on the West coast and we have been in touch the last few years thanks to a website and Facebook.� I am so looking forward to seeing them again after 30 years!



Okay Maryland gang, stay cool.� Those of you already cool?� Lucky bastards.




3 comments:

  1. Got 4 words for ya - Central Air, get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so if you hate her so much and find it so boring, why wouldn't you tell her why you don't like her class? I've often found that a little constructive criticism can go a long way. Perhaps she has no idea how annoying she is. Perhaps other people in the room agree. Perhaps...it is your civic duty, as I often feel it is mine, to enlighten the "Whoo" shrew? Ok, enough of that...now...why the heck don't you have A/C in your house? Granted, I didn't have A/C in mine until my husband with the 6 degree comfort zone moved in. But really, it's the 21st century. You have heat to keep from getting cold. It only makes sense to have A/C to keep from getting hot. Women! Get a window unit!!! Oh, and I'm so glad you're back. Being a guest blogger was way too much pressure. I am much happier to be a commenter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it GREAT to run outside? soon in the winter, you'll get a head thing and running tights and before you know it, you'll much prefer running outside on sunny days than to run on the dreadmill.

    ReplyDelete