Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday 13: California Edition


Please welcome again, Laurie, from Gastric Girl , filling in with my TT!





Hello to all!�� I'm guest posting for Kim while she's in sunny California!�� I'm very jealous! ��� This week, I'll be featuring 13 places that I enjoyed going to when I visited Southern California in the past...�� There are still many places I want to go, but these are some great destinations as well!

1) Disney Land (Anaheim) - How can you start a Southern California destination list without listing Disney Land?� I had a fun time there, and Mickey Mouse even gave me a kiss!� Wahoo!!!!



2) Mann's Chinese Theatre (Hollywood) - On Hollywood Blvd, this is the famous theatre where everyone puts their handprints in the sidewalk and where all of the red carpet premieres are.���� Great place!� I had to take pictures of so many of the imprints - my favorite was from Star Wars (the originals)!



3) Across the street - Jimmy Kimmel's Studio (Hollywood)!��� Try to catch a show live if you can...�� I couldn't get in, but I tried!!!



4) Huntington Beach - The whole area is lots of fun.� I love walking on the pier... and while you're there, shooby dooby down to Ruby's and get a malt!� It's a great 50's style diner.



5) San Diego Zoo - YES, it is all it's cracked up to be... to me at least.� I love zoos, and it doesn't matter what time of year you go, the weather is always gorgeous!



6) Griffith Observatory (Hollywood) - Made famous by the movie Rebel Without a Cause, this is a great place to absorb history, site see, and get a pic of that Hollywood sign!�� I thought it was so cool that I was at the same place that James Dean was... albeit many years later.��



7) Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills) - While I couldn't afford anything in Beverly Hills besides a cup of coffee, it was definitely a great place to check out!



8) Universal Studios - What visit is complete without a stop at Universal Studios?



9) Seaport Village (San Diego)� - I had so much fun here - there is a lot of fun shopping here, it is right on the ocean, and it is a great little place!�� I even climbed a tree here! HA!�



10) Whale Watching (Several locations) - this is so much fun - I think it's only available certain times of the year, but it is absolutely breath taking!!!



11) Restaurants - There are so many wonderful restaurants to visit while in Southern California... do your research based on your preferences!�� I thoroughly enjoyed the Geisha House restaurant in Hollywood - it's co-owned by Big Brother stars Dr. Will Kirby and Mike Malin... Delicious sushi restaurant.



12) Santa Monica Pier - A great touristy spot that is sure to please! ��� While in Santa Monica, stop at 3rd Street Promenade as well.. I saw Axl Rose there buying Reeboks once! haha



13) Live Show Tapings - there are so many live shows that take place in Los Angeles - I tried to get on the Price Is Right, but no dice!�� Instead, I got to see the very first live taping of the Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn.... now defunct, and it wasn't that funny - but I was there for the first show! ha!


I hope Kim is having a fabulous time in California, and I will be living vicariously through her!��� She can live vicariously through me when I go to Orlando next month!


Take care!




1 comment:

  1. All very good places! I do have family in San Diego and I'm not sure when we can visit.

    ReplyDelete