Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Bad Run is Still a Run


So my run last night essentially sucked.� I was stoked for it all day, having already decided I would go out after dinner around 7:30.� When I got off work, I went tried had a nightmare to Walmart to shop.� Have I mentioned they are rearranging the stupid store?� Have I mentioned no one can find anything, including the employees?� I asked three different times where the Vitamin Water was and got three different answers and never did find it.� Shelves are barely stocked as they are in the process of moving stuff.� I generally spend $120-$130 dollars a week there but yesterday, $82, because I gave up.� Totally not worth the effort.�� Everyone was walking around with the same confused expression on their faces.� Not good.� Part of the convenience of shopping at stupid Walmart, other than the prices, is knowing where stuff is, so I can get in and out as quickly as possible and they ruined that for me yesterday.� I have some patience with a store being rearranged, but when they remain open to do it, don't have their shelves stocked and completely unhelpful employees, I have an issue.



So, left there and went to Target as they also have $1 Vitamin Water for The Brit.� Picked up a few things there I still needed and then sighed when they had no cranberry sauce, which meant visiting a third grocery store for that.� Finally got home, unloaded, put away, worked on laundry, mopped and waxed kitchen, vacuumed downstairs, hauled up very heavy bike rack from the basement for some relation to the kids who wanted to borrow it WHO NEVER SHOWED UP TO GET IT and fixed and cleaned up dinner.� Ran two errands with The Brit, came home, took out recycling and trash and then got ready to run.�



I should have already sensed a problem.� I was tired having done a lot during the day, so when I started running, my legs felt heavy and tired.� I pushed as much as I could, walked more than usual, but finished it strong.� Got home, finished laundry and read for awhile and at 10:00 could barely keep my eyes open.� Took my sleepy pills (which are becoming completely ineffective), watched the season finale of "Criminal Minds" and went to bed, only to lie there unable to sleep.� My left leg was also aching which didn't help and I can only assume it was from the run.� Got up at midnight to go downstairs for awhile, drink some warm milk and play on the computer for half an hour.� Then I was finally able to sleep.



But I still ran.� I didn't much enjoy it yesterday, but I still did it, despite every step feeling like an effort.� That's what it's all about.� Getting out there and taking care of business.



Git 'er done.




1 comment: